transmission and filter change [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : transmission and filter change

RAPTOR
04-12-2004, 01:21 PM
i just finished changing the transmission fluid and filter,WOW that was a pain in the a$$.why does GM design something like that.total cost 33.00 dollars,the dealer wanted 100.00,i had to try it for the sake of 70.00 bucks.almost wish i would have brought it in,but it's done now.also did the IAT mod today,and will be ordering from the doc soon.how hard is it to change the plugs in a 99 GT 3.4 it does not look like fun,any special tools that i will need

AaronGAGT
04-12-2004, 01:27 PM
how hard is it to change the plugs in a 99 GT 3.4 it does not look like fun,any special tools that i will need

Its not fun. The back 3 you obviously cant see, so you gotta do it all by feel. You'll feel cool sitting on top of your engine tho... I felt like a little troll under the hood. :thumbsdow

asepgrad98
04-12-2004, 02:05 PM
WOW that was a pain in the a$$.why does GM design something like that

not sure what you mean, all you have do is take the pan off like most automatic cars.

RAPTOR
04-12-2004, 07:09 PM
ya the pan was easy,it was putting the fluid back in,had to take off the whole air box unit to get to the filler cap,very poor design

AndyVTek
04-12-2004, 07:48 PM
how hard is it to change the plugs in a 99 GT 3.4 it does not look like fun,any special tools that i will need

I just did my plugs the other weekend... First time I had ever changed plugs on a car before. I guess you could buy a boot puller if you want, but it's not needed. Just give the boot a twist on the way off and it'll pop off.

As for the back... Haha. They're fun, to say the least. But like I said, these were the first plugs I've ever changed.

Anyways, good luck... :jackson