IAT Extension Harness [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : IAT Extension Harness

resevil83
10-20-2002, 02:48 PM
Hey guys Pucci posted this a while ago and its a damn good question... No answer... So, I was checking out PFYC and noticed an intake air temperature extension harness... Now would this be something to get to compliment my APOC (American Performance of Colorado) intake? Does anyone have this? Have you noticed any gains? Now specifically- technically... what would this do make your car run richer? Which would be good? But as long as its not too rich? Lets get the details :)

pounder
10-20-2002, 03:28 PM
I just spliced in some wire to extend the IAT..it was recommended to me when I was looking at that harness also..cost me like 1$ and about 5 mins to do it..car has been running good for 6 months now after I did it..no check engine lights or anything..saved myself 29 bux and im happy about that.. :D

resevil83
10-21-2002, 03:34 PM
can you be a little more specific on what you did.. What wire did you use and all that.... Where you got it from etc. I think my CAI is coming in any day.. and I figure while im all dirty might as well do this.... if its gonna be beneficial.

aleroboy
10-21-2002, 04:12 PM
If this is somthing you plan on doing. let me know before your intake is shipped (if it didn't already)
so I can make accomadations to the kit for it.
my kit is designed to fit it close to the stock location so no extensions are needed. if you want to relocate the sensor elsewhere I have to do your kit differently so it doesn't have the hole where it goes.

pounder
10-21-2002, 04:55 PM
all i did was take some 16 gauge wire i think it was and cut the IAT end off..leaving approximately 1-2 inches of wire on the IAT end..then i soldered the wire in between the cut to extend it approximately 2-3 feet..then I soldered on the IAT end piece on the lengthened wire and presto..of course you want to heat shrink or wrap the soldered parts in electrical tape..then it's done..its easy..just extend the wire..

resevil83
10-21-2002, 10:24 PM
aleroboy :) what would u reccomend? I mean I think the kit has already shipped out for me.. But i don't think its that big of a difference... I'm trying to ask everyone what they think... Is it something that really does well? What are the benefits???????

aleroboy
10-21-2002, 11:36 PM
personally I don't see how it would make a difference.
however painting the CAI tubign or getting it powder coated would help the most. this minimizes heat transer to the tubing and the air will stay colder.

Blackrider
10-24-2002, 08:49 PM
PC is thicker than Paint so it would do alot more for Insalating the tube :thumbs:

aleroboy
10-24-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Blackrider
PC is thicker than Paint so it would do alot more for Insalating the tube :thumbs:

yea not to mention more durable too!

Blackrider
10-26-2002, 12:05 PM
And is shines :thumbs: