Battery Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Battery Question

MSJHWT
04-14-2004, 02:47 PM
How many amps should a battery take to turn over a car? The battery in my car is only olding about 13.2 right now, is that enough? It got deep cycled and I the cars not turning over right now, but I also chagned the spark plugs and wires, too, and now its not starting.

MSJHWT
04-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Allright, it wasn't the battery, what causes a car to go er-er-er-er-er and then not turn over? Alternator?

asepgrad98
04-14-2004, 05:17 PM
i think you mean 13.2 VOLTS not amps. Most likely you broke your car changing the plugs and wires.

Azrael
04-14-2004, 07:15 PM
13.2V for a car battery is pretty high as they're supposed to be closer to 12V when the engine isn't running and 14.4V when it is running. The only way to know if the problem is/isn't the battery is to yank it out and take it to someone that can run a load test on it. Deep-cycling a car battery can do irreperable damage to it (unless it's rated for it) and it may not be able to produce the current needed long enough to start your car.

MSJHWT
04-15-2004, 09:42 AM
Figured out what it was, some sensor was unplugged, behind the Throttle Body, dunno what it was, but it was causing the car not to turn over, she purs again :)