Fuel injector problems at 60K?? Anyone else? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injector problems at 60K?? Anyone else?

99StudlyGT
04-16-2004, 07:20 AM
Yeah, I guess my fuel injectors are shot. I just replaced injector 1 for 500 dollars.. Then, one day later the car is doing the same thing. They said now three is misfireing. I only use Shell and BP 89 octane. I occasionally use injector cleaner. I don't understand why I should have to spend a ton of omoney on this. Anyone else have bad injectors too? What else should I expect from my GA? I love my car but I cannot afford the occasional grand here and there on top of regular maintence. Anything I can do to help my dying injectors?

PACE
04-16-2004, 07:27 AM
My buddy has a 02 with 30K miles and has had to have his injectors cleaned twice now.........Good 'ol GM quality!

99StudlyGT
04-16-2004, 07:30 AM
cleaned? How can I get them cleaned? I just had to replace the whole damn thing for 500 bucks... and I have 5 more to go. I want to save them.

Panacea
04-16-2004, 07:33 AM
They should be able to use fuel injector cleaner to clean them. Also, whens the last time your fuel filter was replaced? They should be replaced every 2 years or 30,000 miles.

Also, stop using BP fuel, it's got a high sulfur content, and if you haven't replaced your fuel sensor in the tank yet, you will shortly. It's the sulfur in the gas that breaks down whatever it is on the sensor that makes it malfunction.

One of my injectors was clogged and I was getting a misfire on cylinder 5, cost $100 to have them run the fuel injector stuff through my engine. Ran like brand new after that.

99StudlyGT
04-16-2004, 07:37 AM
Wow, I got hosed, again. Thank you very much. So no BP? How about shell.. And yes, I have already replaced the fuel sensor, fuel filter has prolly been 30K.
So what can I tell my mechanic I want to have done? Can I just say, "run the fuel injector stuff through my engine?" Is it called a motor vac, or is that something else?

SC/TGrandAm
04-16-2004, 07:45 AM
^ your on a tangent today arent you.? I thought at 30 you were suppossed to be more mature than that? i guess not..

99StudlyGT
04-16-2004, 07:47 AM
Cry baby, huh? I have not been complaining about the grand am, I am just trying to understand why I am dumping money into this car like no other. Asking about expensive typical problems on a car I plan to keep deems me a cry baby? .. Or you can shake these. (grabs crotch in taunting manner)