People who have taken stock spoiler off... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : People who have taken stock spoiler off...

K2737
04-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Was the trunk lid or paint damaged at all? What did you fill in the holes with? I want to remove mine, but I am not going to go through the work if the paint is all messed up underneath. (besides it being not fadded) Also I don't want to spend a lot filling in the holes. Are there little plugs I can buy and stick in the holes?

2002AmSE
04-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Uhh, why would you want to do that? The stock spoiler looks better than having no spoiler. Unless your putting a different spoiler on, which would be better than no spoiler, unless its a giant 1 foot black one.... Eh, your personal preference though, I think the stock spoiler fits it best unless more than just one or two parts are modded with the car

GTLUVA
04-16-2004, 08:28 PM
I took off my stock spoiler and I had an sct spoiler installed. Not an scratch on my car. I took it to the gm bodyshop were I got my sct hood installed too. :)

AznGA
04-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Stacey, where did you get your SCT wing from? How much was it total?

GTLUVA
04-16-2004, 08:37 PM
I ordered it from the GM dealer I know it was a little expensive but it wasn't that bad it was $353 and another $72 for install. I could of ordered it from sportwing.com but the gm dealer painted it for free so I had to take up the offer. The gm dealer painted my hood and spoiler for me for free that was nice not paying for paint. I got free paint because I had to get my rear bumper replaced and I had them paint my twin post mirrors for me so I guess its good being an repeat customer to an body shop :)

iceman
04-16-2004, 09:07 PM
jesus christ, $425 ?????

to do it right, either trade trunk lids with someone without a spoiler (easiest) or you'll have to get the holes welded shut and the trunk lid repainted.

Tonyyank
04-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Black car = electrical tape :D ;)

AznGA
04-17-2004, 12:00 AM
$353 unpainted. Thats rediculous.

MikeSilverGT
04-17-2004, 07:50 PM
sc/t spoiler off GMpartsdirect.com $250
paint and install by GM dealer $100
Dealer scratching up the decklid and rear bumper... Priceless.
And by priceless I mean they repainted it for free.

speak03
04-17-2004, 08:12 PM
I took my spoiler off, and welded and filled the holes , primered my trunck and had it painted. I personally like it without a spoiler, especially with my *** kit. I'm just so fed up with spoilers, everyone is spoiler crazy. 90% of them just look rediculous.

AznGA
04-17-2004, 09:08 PM
sc/t spoiler off GMpartsdirect.com $250
paint and install by GM dealer $100
Dealer scratching up the decklid and rear bumper... Priceless.
And by priceless I mean they repainted it for free.
How did they scratch?

MikeSilverGT
04-18-2004, 06:15 AM
well, they used an old razor with a barb on it to get the stock spoiler off as it was still held on by double sided tape.. That sctratched up the decklid.

I'm still not sure how they put a gash in my bumper. Either it got hit with a power tool or when they took off the stock spoiler they somehow hit the car with it.. It was a fun day of incompetence. But they repainted everything and even offered me a rental.

tonmarchelli
04-18-2004, 03:53 PM
i recently took off my stock spoiler to replace it with a different one, it is a pain in the ass. once you get the bolts off, you have to get past the double sided tape or glue (or whatever they use) which can be bad, if youre not careful. but if you want no spoiler at all, you would either have to trade with somebody who does not have a spoiler or weld them shut. just like iceman said. but make sure you do it in warm weather, i was out in 40 degree weather with a hairdryer and a knive working on mine jsut to get it off. once i got it off i didnt care that there was residue on the trunk, i just put my new spoiler on over the top of it. jsut my .02

K2737
04-18-2004, 07:46 PM
Amen, I just like the look of no spoiler, looks way better then any spoiler out their (SCT might look good, but everyone is getting that one) so I am going to just take mine off. Maybe I can find someone locally that wants a spoiler and I can trade. anyways it is a pain to clean under. Any other suggestions for filling the wholes in? Aren't there like things people use to fill in the wholes for the front plates on some cars? I wouldn't mind 4 bumps on my trunk lid.

I took my spoiler off, and welded and filled the holes , primered my trunck and had it painted. I personally like it without a spoiler, especially with my *** kit. I'm just so fed up with spoilers, everyone is spoiler crazy. 90% of them just look rediculous.

gobraves02002
04-18-2004, 09:05 PM
somewhat the same subject, but im looking for the nuts that go with the stock spoiler fro a 97, any help

tonmarchelli
04-18-2004, 11:03 PM
just take the spoiler to any hardware store and use trial and error to find one.

action
04-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Ageed, no spoiler looks much hotter than the UFO that GM bolted on these cars. The SC/T one is Ok, but not nice enough for me to choose it over having no spoiler. No spoiler on these cars looks hot.

82-T/A
04-21-2004, 11:52 AM
You guys should see the spoiler that came from the factory on the Fiero. It's MASSIVE...