A newbie with a tranny problem...no where else to turn [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : A newbie with a tranny problem...no where else to turn

pittsburghgt
04-16-2004, 08:51 PM
Ok so I have been a lurker for quite some time trying to learn a few things but now I have a problem. Today I installed a doctorspeed Stage 2 intake. When I did this the car began to shift like it had a shift kit. Anyways I unplugged the battery and let it sit. After I did that the car was running fine and shifting fine.......until I got into a little bit. Now Im sitting on the same problem...scared to death of what happened to my car. Any help would be appreciated!!!

atc3434
04-16-2004, 08:57 PM
An obvious suggestion, but do you have EVERYTHING hooked back up, the EGR line, the intake temp sensor, and the MAF? A few weird shifts would be expected, I'd put a few miles on it, and if they don't even out then I'd be worried. Check and make sure you've got EVERYTHING connected first though... its happend to people before. And WELCOME to GrandamGT... no need to lurk anymore!

schizm99
04-16-2004, 08:59 PM
Don't lurk!! Welcome!!!

AndyVTek
04-16-2004, 09:44 PM
I wouldn't worry. Anytime you reset the PCM, the car hasta relearn driving style and the likes. Mine did the same thing for about 50 miles... It's smoothed out now.

Welcome, by the way... where at around Pittburgh are you from? I live out towards the airport.

pittsburghgt
04-16-2004, 10:18 PM
Im from Peters township but I go to RMU. Ok I figured out my problem, the IAT sensor is just hanging loose. I never got the rubber connection for it with my package. So thats probably my problem. Now I just need to get that connector.......somehow. Anyone know where or how to get it???

AznGA
04-16-2004, 11:58 PM
You should have got the rubber ring around the hole where IAT sensor should go into. I got Dr. stage 2 intake and I totally forgot to insert the IAT sensor into the piping, and the tranny jerked like hell. It got back to normal when I put it in.