ABS light & trak off light coming on [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ABS light & trak off light coming on

matt shauf
04-18-2004, 10:51 PM
My car is throwing fits for me. A couple weeks ago my ABS light and my trak off light started lighting up on the dash. Neither on will light up by their self, they always come on together (at the same time). The kicker is that when the lights come on, the car starts to handle real loose like the rear of the car is all over the road. Now, it's come to the point where the lights wont go off, and I have noticed that my tires are starting to wear BAD on the outsides of the tread. Does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on with this. I really need some help trying to locate the problem.
Thanks--Matt

HaVoK~DOGZ~
04-18-2004, 11:54 PM
mine was doin the same ended up being the my hub bearing assembly..got mine from autozone for 130 special order.....

rizer
04-19-2004, 11:07 AM
Yup, id agree with havok on being the hub bearing assembly.

I gotta figure out my problem with the ABS lights, i had to slam the brakes on really hard to avoid a head on and now my abs night wont shut off

eaglesrealm
04-19-2004, 08:12 PM
I have the same problem. Could be a speed sensor still.

Does anyone know is Autozone can read this code since it is a SVS code when both the ABS and TRAC OFF come on? I know they can read SES codes, but was not sure about SVS. I hate paying someone to read a damn code.

Green99GT
04-20-2004, 12:35 AM
search :)

matt shauf
04-20-2004, 10:14 AM
Search For What?