Monsoon LCD Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Monsoon LCD Problem

BlackGAGT
04-21-2004, 07:06 PM
I brought my grand am into the dealership about a day ago because the check engine light went on. Now I just got the car back and they told me that they couldnt get the light to go on for them, and there was nothing wrong with the car. I can respect that answer but I was not satisfied with it. To my Amazment the wonderful dealership not only mentioned to A.) Not Fix my problem or give me an explanation, but they managed to B.) Make a bigger problem. Now my Monsoon stereo has a dimmness in the middle of the LCD screen. The left side is the regular bright red, the center is a very dim messed up looking red, and the right side is the regular bright red color. I'm hoping to find out if anyone has had this problem with their stereo, and how I can fix it without being charged an arm and a leg. The dealership is claiming they did not do it. Do i have to replace my entire system?

Thanx for all your help in advance!

:vomit:

BMOBYLE
04-21-2004, 07:13 PM
Are you still under warranty? I'll go on when you answer.

BlackGAGT
04-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Nope :(

Are you still under warranty? I'll go on when you answer.

Brother's1999
04-21-2004, 09:23 PM
That appears to be something that happens to Pontiac radios. Check eBay and you will find repair auctions for less the cost of the shops the dealer would sent the radio to.

BlackGAGT
04-22-2004, 04:21 PM
Hmm... i will check that out. Does anyone have any idea what the dealer could have done to cause this? They also performed the turning singnal recall service that i recieved. (Besides investingateing the SES light) I also notice that a wire is dangleing down from the radio box into the storage compartment. (this was not there before service either)

I wouldnt bring my lawn mower to be fixed at this dealer now. This is the second time they have messed up my car. First time was a dent in my hood from their machanic putting the rod to hold up the hood in the wrong whole.

:nono:

jscarano13
04-22-2004, 04:30 PM
yeah this dimming thing happened to me didnt really bother me but the tech who wrote my car in was like dude we can replace that for you at no cost. i was like sure why not. and it cost me 0 dollars. the reason i think it happened to me was after I put my gauges in my car it got messed up. J.

Dan00GPGT
04-23-2004, 07:58 AM
light bulb burned out on your display? New ones can be soldered in but it might be more hassle than it's worth. Get a picture of the wire that's hanging down, does it have a plug on the end?

rizer
04-23-2004, 10:21 AM
On mine, on hot days, for the first 5 or 10 minutes, certain lines will not display and its impossible to read. Then after the 10 or so minutes, it just goes back to normal

action
04-23-2004, 11:08 AM
There are 3 backlighting LED's or small bulbs, often soldered in place behind the display. One of them are burned out. I'd say it was coincidential.

A good stereo repair shop should be able to fix that for you.