Door Opening Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Door Opening Problem

cweddie96
04-23-2004, 09:26 AM
Recently a strange problem happened with my driver side door: At the opening where the door is hinged, it seems that the quarter body panel has separated from the molding and the metal is collapsing inward so that the door gets caught on it and is difficult to open and close.

Anyone had this happen to them? And how would I fix this?

tenspeed
04-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Did you ram into something or did someone back into your car while parked? It sounds like the front fender has moved back into the door.

Any pictures?

Kdawg207
04-23-2004, 09:50 AM
same happened to me...it's covered by GM....the molding was installed wrong...when it expands due to the weather...poof...yur screwed....

ja_nd
04-23-2004, 10:08 AM
same here. but not covered if out of warenty right. mine is really jacked up when it gets cold. keep a screw driver and towel in the car to pry the fender out when it sticks.

Kdawg207
04-23-2004, 10:19 AM
mine was covered under warranty....it was done wrong from the start

cweddie96
04-23-2004, 10:27 AM
same here. but not covered if out of warenty right. mine is really jacked up when it gets cold. keep a screw driver and towel in the car to pry the fender out when it sticks.

I've done that a couple of times, but I would like to fix it once and for all. Mine gets worse when it's hot---seems the sun loosens up the molding.

Kdawg207
04-23-2004, 10:28 AM
Mine gets worse when it's hot---seems the sun loosens up the molding.

yup...take it in.....once it looks like you left it like that for awhile...they will not fix it

cweddie96
04-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Car is out of warranty. I'm looking to do it myself so it won't stick every time the sun shines on it---especially with the warm weather coming.