galaxy silver paint... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : galaxy silver paint...

tammikm
04-23-2004, 02:02 PM
My 2001 GAGT with galazy silver paint seems to look blotchy when its sitting in the sun.... anyone else notice this on their cars especially silver? and mostly on the hood is where i can really notice it..

thank god I am getting a SD hood soon (if it ever arrives) and get rid of this stock one!!

thanks

Dr_Kyle
04-23-2004, 04:14 PM
I notice it on mine, but I have the silvermist metallic color so I don't know if that helps.

ChadGT
04-26-2004, 06:12 AM
yep, same with ours. i remember posting about it after we had just bought it brand new. guess it's just how the light hits it sometimes.

chad

zx7ninja
04-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Just wait until the paint starts o peel away. I have that problem. I researched it, and apparently it's a known issue with the silver GM vehicles....I can send you all of the links I have on the subject if you wish, just pm me.

GTLUVA
04-26-2004, 11:10 AM
I don't see anything wrong with the Silver Paint. My old car was a 2000 GT1Coupe Silvermist. I had 60,000 miles on that car when I traded it in for my new 2003 last April and now I have Galaxy Silver Paint. But I haven't had serious paint issues about it and I never had paint that was peeling off. My very first car was a 95 Grand Am Se Sedan White. I refuse to buy another white car that car was so hard to keep clean and white cars always get tiny little orange marks all over them and you have to rub them off by hand because they won't come off any other way. But my next car will be a black one. I like silver cars a lot thats why I got another silver but too many people are driving around in silver cars lately :)