installing keyless entry on a 00 grand am se [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : installing keyless entry on a 00 grand am se

scriv
04-23-2004, 05:57 PM
Hey Guys

I have been price shopping and to have keyless entry installed its gonna be about 150 or 250 with remote start, I was wondering if this is a pretty involved install, keep in mind Ive never done any type of stereo installations before so im just wondering if this is going to be over my head, thanks

SC/TGrandAm
04-23-2004, 06:13 PM
uh yeah, have it professionally installed.

BTW the rule is the alarm is only as good as the installer.

action
04-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Don't Try This Yourself!!

Maddman Mat
04-24-2004, 07:45 AM
If you don't know what you're doing....leave it to the pros. With the remote starter...you'll also have to get a Passlock bypass put in. If you don't know what Passlock is, it is the factory theft system. It'll stop the fuel from reaching the engine if the car is hot wired or something (basically no key in the ignition) Anyway...the bypass will override that system so that the remote starter will work and your call will run. Plus you have to look at stuff like starter kill and door locks. Do you really feel comfortable cutting ignition wires?

If your car is under warranty...chances are the remote start will void it completely. check with your dealer first.

EBlend
04-24-2004, 07:18 PM
if u don't want a remote start but just keyless entry (with alarm) i can sell you one cheap, has 2 carbon fiber remotes to it. I am getting new one installed fairly soon as soon as my exams are over and will let this one go for cheap, its made by carbine....if u want u can look around its carbine plus-4500. If you are not doing the remote start. alarm install itself is not hard

erimar77
04-24-2004, 09:06 PM
I would get it done professionally. I flipped through the books left in the box of my car alarm and it looks horrific to do youself