angel eyes [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : angel eyes

xxbackhillxx
04-23-2004, 08:25 PM
cant find the thread for this problem ...

i installed my angel eyes and i have the actual angel eyes working but i want to tap into the relay/wire (whatever the term is) of the stock fogs so i can use the original button to turn on the fogs and then use a diff custom switch for the 'halo'. im trying to follow the pfyc instructions but theyre not as detailed as ive hoped and i cant figure the wiring out. helllppp

Rba007
04-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Run the power from the angel eye relay to the purple wire in the stock fog light harness, thatll do the trick for ya

xxbackhillxx
04-23-2004, 08:34 PM
the red power wire? or do you mean the white one.

and just find the purple wire from either side of the car? cuz i just hacked one apart and hooked up the white wire to it ... nothin worked

Rba007
04-23-2004, 08:46 PM
Uhhhhhhh, dont remember.... Look at the directions quick. Should be a wire coming from the relay from the angel eye kit, not the yellow one, I know the yellow turns on the "rings" themselves. One wire then leaves the relay to go to the battery for power for the entire kit.... and im guessing here, but id bet thats the red one.

How are you hooking things together? I used the passenger side, and i used a quick connector to connect the two wires. Remember to use the purple wire on the Car side of the connector...

xxbackhillxx
04-23-2004, 08:53 PM
you know the plugs (receptacles) for the stock fogs ... i cut the purple wire and connected the white wire to it, like the pfyc instructions said (i hooked it up post-relay if that matters ???) red wire goes to fuse box under the hood thats behind the battery next to a strut tower. yellow just went straight to the interior cuz thats the wire for the rings.

no clue on what you're saying ... Remember to use the purple wire on the Car side of the connector...

Rba007
04-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Sounds right to me. Make sure youve got a good power source (im assuming youre using the post on that fuse box) and a good ground.

krazyGT
04-23-2004, 08:58 PM
I wired mine into the purple wire also...and they work fine :)

xxbackhillxx
04-23-2004, 09:03 PM
i thought i was stupid for a while

i used the same ground as the battery ... and the lead in the fuse box yea. the angel eye part lights up so the connections hafta be there otherwise they wouldnt work. im guessing its just the connection bet the white/purple wires. gonna go check. thanks.

xxbackhillxx
04-23-2004, 09:37 PM
im a *focktard* . i had all the right connections. the reason they didnt work was because i never had the keys in the ignition i just turned on the parking lights or headlights manually from the left stick on the steering column w/o the keys. i feel like such an :asshat . guess it happens to everyone once in a while...

krazyGT
04-24-2004, 04:42 PM
im a *focktard* . i had all the right connections. the reason they didnt work was because i never had the keys in the ignition i just turned on the parking lights or headlights manually from the left stick on the steering column w/o the keys. i feel like such an :asshat . guess it happens to everyone once in a while...

hmmm...must be a different thing with the 99+ cars. Cause my AE's turn on when I just flip the parking light notch w/o the keys.

Steve

xxbackhillxx
04-24-2004, 09:29 PM
the angel eye part works w/o the keys. the fogs dont work unless you have the keys and headlights turned on.

Jagey
04-25-2004, 04:50 PM
The exact same thing happened to me. I was so mad that the actual fogs didn't turn on, but realized that the keys had to be in the ignition to work.