still need to wire up that lock/unlock/trunk [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : still need to wire up that lock/unlock/trunk

brim
04-29-2004, 08:23 PM
A ways back I had a remote start put in although the wiring was never completed

I still need to do the trunk, lock, and unlock and I know all the wires running from the aftermarket

Now I've pulled the wiring that's running into the door, and I've heard the white wire within is the main control for lock/unlock. I'm missing something on this however, I've read before that all I need is a 1.5k ohm resistor between the unlock wire for the system and the actual white wire itself. I've tried that with no luck, so I need relays in this case?

The lock when I had it set up if I remember correctly worked, but the unlock chimed the first time it was hit, then on the second button hit would beep the horn twice and lock the door (think it was meant to beep to alert it was unlocked from what i remember of the manual).

trunk i'm not sure about yet, thought i was looking for a black wire with white stripe but didn't spot it right off, was busy on the lock/unlock

Anyone done the same here, if so what wires/extras do i need here, car in question 99 alero 2 dr

I've done a bunch of searchin on here with no luck still unless i'm lookin in the wrong places *repost*

e2helper
04-30-2004, 08:27 PM
Well what you are describing on door lock operation operation is mostly correct. The white wire is output from the door lock switch which is goes to body computer. A straight ground on this circuit does a LOCK but grounding it thru a 1.5 k resistor is an UNLOCK command. Of course you could just drive the door lock relays yourself but not sure what would be better in your situation

Your description on what is happening sounds to me like you don't have the 1.5k resistor wired incorrectly. When you did the unlock it sounds like you were actually commanding a LOCK and the chime and beep stuff was was is called "DELAYED LOCKING" feature. This only happens when you have a door ajar otherwise doors would lock immediately.

The trunk release relay is in same electrical center as the door lock relays (left hand end of IP). The BK/WH wire might the switch input to BCM from the release switch. I am not sure where you might be looking in vehicle for these wires. They are available in several places.

brim
05-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Well what you are describing on door lock operation operation is mostly correct. The white wire is output from the door lock switch which is goes to body computer. A straight ground on this circuit does a LOCK but grounding it thru a 1.5 k resistor is an UNLOCK command. Of course you could just drive the door lock relays yourself but not sure what would be better in your situation

Your description on what is happening sounds to me like you don't have the 1.5k resistor wired incorrectly. When you did the unlock it sounds like you were actually commanding a LOCK and the chime and beep stuff was was is called "DELAYED LOCKING" feature. This only happens when you have a door ajar otherwise doors would lock immediately.

The trunk release relay is in same electrical center as the door lock relays (left hand end of IP). The BK/WH wire might the switch input to BCM from the release switch. I am not sure where you might be looking in vehicle for these wires. They are available in several places.

trunk is done, lock is done (wired it up to the white wire under the driver side dash going into door), unlock still no luck. :nono: