Check Engine Light code [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light code

blckgagt
05-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Alright about 3 months ago, my engine blew because some dumbasses forgot to tighten down the oil filter and so i had another engine put in. Well about 10 minutes from picking the car this code came up. Well I took the car in the next day and they did a diagnostic test and came up with this code P1133 Insuffiencet Switching Sensor 1. Its the 02 sensor that connects to the headers. Well they changed out the sensor with the one from my previous engine and everything went fine. So i drove off and again 5 minutes later the check engine light came on. And again i took it in and the same code came up. When i leave it on and in park it will start to stall out. It gets really bad when the engine has been running for a while and gets hot. Can someone help me out here. Thanks

fast_ga
05-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Get that problem fixed yet? I would suggest taking it back to whoever did the engine and make them get it right. They probably left something unplugged or pinched a wire somewhere, seems like a lot of people do that when pulling a motor.

Dr_Kyle
05-02-2004, 01:35 PM
Pinched egr tube, vacuum leak, could be any number of things. They messed it up, let them worry about it.

blckgagt
05-02-2004, 06:07 PM
Well the guy at the shop has no idea whats causing it, but he did say that if i could leave my car there for a day, he'll try to figure it out. Ill have to drop my car off someday this week and hopefully it gets fixed. Appreciate the help.

fast_ga
05-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Hopefully he gets it then. If not let someone who knows what the hell they are doing look at it! good luck