window help please [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : window help please

mrandmrsyoudath
05-02-2004, 12:15 PM
all of my windows work except the drivers side front it wont go up or down any help would be great

GTGrandAm
05-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Take off the door pannel and check the conection to the switch, if it is good try a diffrent switch. If it still does not go up or down then the motor for the window is bad. This is all assuming that you have power!

Doctor Ouchie
05-02-2004, 07:57 PM
That or the guides/sash broke. In the process of fixing mine and it's a pain in the ass.

GM engineers must of been smoking bat ****e when they designed this.

BTW: The guides cost me $25 and change each, with the sash (glues to the actual window) about $8 each.

erimar77
05-02-2004, 08:39 PM
mine was bent pins in the switch, definatley check that first!

mrandmrsyoudath
05-03-2004, 08:36 AM
NOW IT WORKS WHAT THE F thanks and lets hope it fixed itself

rizer
05-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Im sure the window curse will still get you. Life aint that good :P

nomojo
05-03-2004, 02:48 PM
hey

mine were knocked out after using some of that interior dash stuff... the one that makes things shiny (but also kinda oily).

if you've been using that stuff lately, it could just be that you got a little carried away on the door panels and some of it dripped in there and mussed up the contacts, in which case if its working fine now, hopefully it will stay that way.

cheers.

Vince
05-03-2004, 11:01 PM
I'd keep an eye on it, mines froze too for a while, I took the motor apart and put it back together, and it worked. But a couple of weeks later, my window fell. It was that stupid plastic clip. Had to buy the whole setup, this was before they sold it seperately. Just a heads up.