*Advice* Black Grand AM GT 2000 [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : *Advice* Black Grand AM GT 2000

Pimpsupp247
05-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Hey everyone, I just bought a black 2000 Grand AM GT today!! It's really nice, but i need your guy's help to make it pimp. I only have one pic of it and its not that good of one, but maybe it can help you guys tell me what i can do? http://members.cardomain.com/pimpsupp247 Some of my suggestions and i need your opinions also: The windows need more tint in my opinon.....Anyone have pricing info on that?? New sweeeeeeeet rims???? Where?? What kind?? Need new tireS? How much??? Red neons underneath???(How much?? where to buy???) Ram Air Hood?? (where??? how much???) I'm only 16 and I'm not made of $$ So pleeeeease give me advice on where to get this stuff at and the cheapest price......I'm pretty newbish to this stuff too......Also i want a system that bumps!! The only problem with my car is the sound!! It's clear and has SOME bass, but its not loud AT ALL!!! My sisters 2001 or 2002 Grand AM GT Buuuuuumps and it came with the car new. I was a little disapointed mine doesn't. Thanks

iceman
05-03-2004, 08:41 PM
Advice--

You're 16, and not made of $. Decent rims and a hood are pretty much out of the question.

Small appearance things you can do - drop, vinyl, mess with the lights a little... Other than that, you can do a decent low budget system. 10" sub, new hu, decent amp... good to go

GTmonyPit
05-03-2004, 08:46 PM
HAY iCE HOW MUCH FOR VINYL ON THE FRONT AND BACK SEATS

GTmonyPit
05-03-2004, 08:59 PM
:slayer i GOT A GOOD SYSTEM,its not the best but it thumps :slayer good I have two 12" JBL sub woofers and a 700 watt sound storm amp I got it all and installed for around 650,but that is after I got the guy to drop the price It would of been around 756 also I got my car tinted for about 160

Big Joe
05-04-2004, 07:20 AM
*welcomne*

RAZE
05-04-2004, 06:51 PM
In 2001, GM upgraded to the Monsoon Audio System. It comes with an amplifier in the trunk. Thats why your sister's system sounds louder than yours. Since you're only 16, I would suggest you start slow. Work on the sound sytem first, then do the big things later.

PFYC.com sells 2 different ram air hoods. They are both approximately $850 shipped plus another $300-$400 to paint it.

Pimpsupp247
05-05-2004, 08:41 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the info so far......heres what i decided to do......
1st thing 1st...Take out the interior light when u open the door or take the keys out, change the bulb to a red....That should be the very cheapest by far....Second thing, Red Neons underneath the car....Third...a RED CD player, subwoofer, amp, and speakers...4th.....change my 16' tires to 17' tires....and find some sweet rims....(inless i find some kick ass rims for my 16' to save me $$) 5th thing would be Ram air hood.....If u guys have any info on the 1-4 things please tell me!! ALso i have a question.....I noticed my rotors are really rusted....and thats yucky lol.......what can i do to get rid of that rust?? paint over it?? or what?? and the calipers i want them red!! How much $$ of a job u think this will be if its possible???? THanks again guys!!

Bad324
05-05-2004, 08:53 AM
1) goto superbrightleds.com. Replace all the bulbs in the interior with Red LED's. you will need 4 T13-R6 bulbs and 3 4211 LED Festoon Bulbs.
2) Get Streetglow gold series undercars
3) You can do a starter system easily and fairly cheap
4) wait till you have enough money for 18's you will be happier in the long run
5) SD ram air hood on pfyc.com is a very sexy hood IMO
*Painting rotors is very easy.
Hit me up on AIM and I can help ya out with whatever you need. Also i can ive the website to our Ohio Cruisers website you can join. btw....where is niles? i think ive heard of it but not sure

Ant
05-17-2004, 12:37 PM
1.) like Bad said...go to superbrightleds.com. i would think that you'd need only 5 bulbs...but he said 7. i dunno. i think you have 2 212's in your rearview mirror, and one in the dome. so that's 3. then 2 194's in the back of the dome...hmmm.

2.) neons? get LED underbodies from oznium.com or from sueprbrightleds. the oznium ones are more expensive, but they are brighter.

3.) sorry pal, i'm clueless when it comes to audio. my monsoon system is sufficient for me.

4.) haha, you'd need to get new wheels too! you can't just get bigger tires. i don't think you care about speed (if not, say otherwise), so you probably want to save for 18's. 18's on stock springs make the car sit kind of high tho. that's when Eibach, H&R or ....damn...forget the other one....LOWERING SPRINGS come into play. that's about ~300 right there for just the springs plus those new wheels and tires.

5.) ram air hood? you're looking at AT LEAST a grand to get it, and get it painted and such.

hope that helps

wade walter
05-18-2004, 03:24 AM
1- sub/amp- will do just fine till you want a new HU and door speakers.didn't change my HU for 2 years .

2-tint-5% all the way if your willing to risk it.IMO black cars don't look right w/o it.

3-WHEELS !! lol THE biggest statement you can make for relatively small ducats. Def. do these before the lights. They can round it out later..BTW, mine is black as well, so i spreak the truth.. :thumbs:

schizm99
05-18-2004, 02:49 PM
Paint, Paint, and paint!! Brakes, interior, cheap and easy!! Save your money 4 repairs!!

GAGTSCTGuy
05-18-2004, 03:57 PM
1.) like Bad said...go to superbrightleds.com. i would think that you'd need only 5 bulbs...but he said 7. i dunno. i think you have 2 212's in your rearview mirror, and one in the dome. so that's 3. then 2 194's in the back of the dome...hmmm.

The other two maybe for under the dash driver and passenger side. Is that correct Bad324?

Ant
05-19-2004, 05:09 PM
forgot about them. forgot that GM jipped us 2001+ guys.......

GAGTSCTGuy
05-19-2004, 05:20 PM

How did we get jipped? He can still use them right. But as far as us, can they not be replaced, I just looked through my manual, and I couldn't find any interior bulb specs. If that is the case, I guess we just need to buy some LEDs and make them ourselfs.

Bad324
05-19-2004, 06:08 PM
my number is correct for the 99-00. there are 2 212's in rearview and 1 in dome. there are 2 194's in dome and 2 194's in the footwells.

UNCTYPE-S
05-19-2004, 06:15 PM
4th.....change my 16' tires to 17' tires....and find some sweet rims....(inless i find some kick ass rims for my 16' to save me $$)

holy crap and i thought 26 inch rims were big. *welcome* :newbie: :cheers:

AznGA
05-20-2004, 12:12 PM
You are talking about us not getting the lights under the dash..ya, I would have liked those.

GAGTSCTGuy
05-20-2004, 05:53 PM
You are talking about us not getting the lights under the dash..ya, I would have liked those.

My `99 Malibu LS had them, and I never really cared, I haven't been in my GA that much at night with the interiors on to notice that there not even there. Until now.... I just figured they were there, heh.... Oh well, I guess I'll have to add a set of LEDs on each side or something.