2 light bulbs in the rear view mirror [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2 light bulbs in the rear view mirror

ggagt00
05-04-2004, 07:47 PM
can enyone tell me how to get the 2 little light bulbs in the rear view mirror out????
i want to take em out to put green ones in it but i cant get em out b/c im worried that ill break em with my fingers. so i cant get em out cause there too small to get out................enyone with a solution????????????

Special Ross
05-05-2004, 08:34 AM
You have to use a small flat-head screw driver to get the clear plsatic/glass out. That is the hardest thing to do. The next thing is to see if your bulbs match. I have red lights in my mirror. There was no bulb that was dyed red to fit, so I took a 194 bulb and ran wires through to each side for it to work. The only red bulb i could find was a painted red bulb, and I did not want it turning pink on me.

Have fun

Michael

Kdawg207
05-05-2004, 08:38 AM
i used a napkin and a set of pliers....real gently pull on the bulb..it'll pop right out
the napkin made it so the pliers didn't actually touch the glass..piece of cake...

plus...if you want a color in there...just replace it with a 194 size led.....true color and last forever......whole job should take about 60 seconds

tenspeed
05-05-2004, 10:11 AM
I would suggest a few wraps of electrical tape on the jaws of needle nose pliers. You'll need the pliers to install the new bulbs anyway. You may also try to pry one end of the bulb loose, swing that end out and pull the other end free.