Power Windows failure...help! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Power Windows failure...help!

Turismo
05-04-2004, 09:02 PM
Nothing but problems with these power windows this year....

First of all, I have ordered 2 sashes and 2 glides to replace my broken parts in the driver side window as it fell into the door last month. The dealer claims 4 hours to fix which is big $$$$. Anyone fix this themselves? Complicated?

Secondly, I have lost power to both windows. I would have to believe its unlikely that both motors would have died at the same time so it must be an electrical problem. If the switch in the driver side fails does that mean the passenger side will not work? I found the circuit breaker but is there a fuse anywhere??

Thanks for any suggestions you may have..

rizer
05-04-2004, 10:15 PM
Well, i had window problems and all i did was order a new regulator and motor from ebay for 65 bucks, then got the clip holder things that are glued onto the window out of the bottom of the door, drove to collision shop, handed them the new kit and the 2 holder thingys. Walked home, walked back 1 hour later, paid 40 bucks for 1 hours labor, drove home with functional window. Sure i could have fixed it myself (theres plenty of How tos on here) but just saved the hassle and paid 40 bucks for the pros to do it.

DOnt know bout the switches, my switch when pushed down litterally buzzed when i tired using it, but once new motor was in, it worked fine

99StudlyGT
05-05-2004, 07:30 AM
What do you guys mean by window problems? Last weekend I was paying a toll, and when I went to put my window back up, I heard a huge crack, like a rock hit my car. When I looked at my window, I saw that it stopped moving up, and started falling into my damn door. After screaming, I tried to pull my window up while merging from the tollway. The motor still works and everythig. Is this similar to what happened with you guys?

rizer
05-05-2004, 09:54 AM
lol, if motor still works but no movement, time for new regulator or just new clips. Take off the panel (really easy, 4 screws) and see whats up

kamikaz16
05-05-2004, 12:33 PM
When mine broke, I was trying to put it up and heard a loud CRACK, followed by parts falling down into the door. The motor still worked, but the window wouldn't budge.