ETS Tracking system problems... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ETS Tracking system problems...

damaster89
05-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Hey guys,
Today when I was driving my 99 GA SE 2.4L, all of a sudden my low trac off light came on and the car started to accelerate oddly. I turned the car off after a couple miles and the car worked fine again. I didn't turn off the ETS tracking system either using the button. The same thing happened a couple days ago. For instance, today I got off work, and got on the highway to go home. I was accelerating to merge into traffic and the car was like struggling to accelerate and all of a sudden the Trac Off light came on. It was bizarre.

What could be the problem?
Thanks guys.

Rba007
05-05-2004, 08:07 PM
I had a similar problem caused by a vacuum leak.

When that light is on, if you get up to highway speed and let off the gas, does it coast down as usual or does it feel like youre slowing down faster than usual? In my case, i was definitely slowing down faster than usual.

Eventually youll likely get a service engine soon light, at which time you can take it in to autozone to have the code read.

My trac off light has also come on when a connection to my 02 sensor went bad... Can be a number of things really.

I know this post wasnt much help, but maybe it will give you another idea or two.