Possible tire leak, where do I go? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Possible tire leak, where do I go?

kristin04gt
05-06-2004, 03:16 PM
I think my driver side front tire may possibly have a leak. It looked a little low, so I put some air in it. My dad, however, thinks I need to go get this fixed tonight before driving to work tomorrow...or put on the spare (he's out of town and making his diagnosis over the phone).

Sears, NTB, Pep Boys, or find some local family owned place?

CoopGT
05-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Pep Boys , NTB or a local full service gas station should be able to take care of it for you .

Gt00
05-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Kristin , pick up a tire pressure guage and check your tires at least once a month . Not only are under inflated tires dangerous , you'll get better gas mileage and handling if they're properly inflated . :)

kristin04gt
05-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Kristin , pick up a tire pressure guage and check your tires at least once a month . Not only are under inflated tires dangerous , you'll get better gas mileage and handling if they're properly inflated . :)

My dad checks everyone's ever two weeks...supposedly. I think he's just been slacking. He checks them and makes sure they're properly inflated. I'm just going to keep a better eye on them and I should be alright...

98GrandAmSE
05-06-2004, 11:17 PM
take it off and inspect it for a nail or screw, something to cause it to leak. if theres actually something in it call a place up borrow your mom, brothers car and bring it in to get plugged. should be like 15.

erimar77
05-07-2004, 09:22 AM
Don't get it plugged...get it patched. It may cost a little more, but you'll feel better about the tire.