Urgent: Rim/Spare Tire Issue [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: Rim/Spare Tire Issue

BTarb24
05-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Hey guys, yesterday i hit a large pothole and my front driver side rim on my 99GT was kinked from the impact. I got it to a gas station and changed the tire to place my spare on. When i got back in the car i attempted to drive forward but the spare rim was actually touching my caliper and wouldnt spin smoothly. Assuming that since my car was used i might have been given the wrong spare i called for help and made my way home with a friend. My car still sits 1 hour away at a sheetz.

I called around today in an attempt to find a replacement rim and learned that if you have a flat tire on the front of your car that you are to move a good rear wheel to the front and then place the spare on the rear. Is it worth an hour to drive back to try this theory out?

Also, anyone in the pittsburgh, PA area that has an extra alluminum GT wheel please PM me.

2002AmSE
05-08-2004, 01:55 PM
The spare tire is supposed to work on all four spots, so you have the wrong spare tire.
If you have a friend with a grand am, you could see if they will let you borrow your spare.

BTarb24
05-08-2004, 03:36 PM
I went and gave swapping the spare to the back a try. Sure enought, it worked and i was able to drive my car home. I still am having a problem finding a replacement 99GT 5 spoke alluminum wheel. Does anyone have one they are willing to sell?

Dr_Kyle
05-08-2004, 05:27 PM
there's a couple individual ones on ebay right now

papiogagt
05-08-2004, 07:23 PM
you have a pm..