Paint [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Paint

RAPTOR
05-08-2004, 04:41 PM
i just painted my intake and valve covers with a bright red,the paint it rated for 500 degree's,it's a engine enamel with ceramic.looks very nice.CAN i use this paint to do my brake calipers,if not what should i use.i just can't believe how good that engine bay looks now

Stalker
05-09-2004, 08:14 PM
That would work fine. Unless your driving in rush hour conditions all day your brakes won't heat up that much at all.. When I did mine I had best results when I spray painted my calipers first and then after they dried I used regular paint to put a second coat on. It came out much brighter as compared to just painting them. Also, the paint that I used didn't have a special heat rating, just regular paint. It's been on for a year and a half now and just started to chip off..

Panacea
05-09-2004, 08:49 PM
That paint will be fine! Just make sure to clean your calipers well first.

GTmonyPit
05-09-2004, 09:10 PM
got any pics

RAPTOR
05-10-2004, 04:21 AM
just finished it last night,here are some pics.the hard part was getting everything cleaned up

bumpn_gt
05-10-2004, 06:12 AM
how did you go about taking your valve covers off?? I was looking the other day....but it seems to be more hassle than its worth......is there a how-to? Also, what red paint did you use?? I tried Ford Red, but it turned out more orange than red...

action
05-10-2004, 11:06 AM
When I did mine, I took about an hour and taped everything up. Results were great, all parts covered evenly and no overspray. Only difference is that I polished the numbers and letters on the intake plenum.

RAPTOR
05-12-2004, 03:03 AM
here is a pic with the brakes all painted up