Okay, maybe this doesn't belong here, but Could I trade my GA for a GP? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Okay, maybe this doesn't belong here, but Could I trade my GA for a GP?

MarcRiedel
05-09-2004, 10:06 AM
Here's what I have:

2001 Grand Am SE V6
Exterior:
Black
Tinted Windows
Altezza-Style Taillights
Euro-Style Antenna
Few scratches & small dent on driver side rear of the car

Interior:
Monsoon Stereo
Moonroof
Characoal Seating
Power Seat
Power Everything for that matter
LCD Monitor In-Dash
JL W0 Subwoofer & Kenwood Amp (in a big big box)

Suspension:
Stock

Engine:
Painted Manifold Black & Blue (also painted valve cover)
Cold Air Intake w/ Inverted K&N Filter
2 1/4" Catback Exhaust w/ Dual Tips
58000 miles

Here's what I want (Simplified):
97+ SUPERCHARGED (yes, the GTP) Grand Prix
less than 65k miles
good condition
um... supercharged ;)

Now, Is it possible to just trade my car for the GP through a dealer? I really have NO money whatsoever, but Want a Grand Prix. I'm just wondering if this is a logical idea. Thanks!

luniz
05-09-2004, 10:11 AM
I don't think that you can trade even up. Your best bet would to see if a local seller would be interested in trading. But I don't think your chances are good. A dealer will see your mods and give you less money then if your car was stock.

2Dambad
05-09-2004, 10:48 AM
You should get about $6K for your car on a trade in, close to $8K for a private party sell. Can you get a GTP with no money down? Sure you can, all you need to do is find a dealer to do it. If you owe more than the trade in value of your car, that will be rolled into the load for the GTP. Then they, or you, need to find a bank or lending institute to loan you the money for the GTP and the rest of your present car. You will end up paying more per month, and will be "upside down ", meaning you owe more than the car is worth, on the value of the GTP from the get go.