Has anyone tried the light protectors for fog lights? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the light protectors for fog lights?

Amber99ga
05-09-2004, 02:42 PM
protectors (http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PFYC&Product_Code=GN1012&Product_Count=30&Category_Code=GAEXT)

After completely shattering my 4th set of fog lights that I have put on my GA, this set being the Angel Eyes, I'm thinking of trying these with the next set that I have to purchase...

Has any one else had problems with their aftermarket fog lights breaking? I've managed to break every set on my car, this time the glass is completely shattered in both fogs, sadly the bulbs still work! Only thing I can think of is the rocks hitting it (since I do a lot of turn pike driving, ok just a lot of driving in general.

So does anyone have experience with these before I go and spend more money on my POS???

nomojo
05-09-2004, 02:53 PM
no experience with the protectors, and ive only ever chipped the fog light once (and it was a big chip, I filled it with epoxy)

SikMindz
05-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Never tried them, however would putting a clear piece of plexi or plastic in front of the fog be out of the question?

Amber99ga
05-09-2004, 02:55 PM
haha I wish it was that easy when mine break theres nothin left of the glass except around the outside edge. The ones on my car now are worse than any I've even broken before. And I'm pretty sure thats what is causing my headlight to short out (water gettin in there) but I could be wrong thats why I'm tryin to get it fixed cause I'm sick of fixing the headlight!

Amber99ga
05-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Never tried them, however would putting a clear piece of plexi or plastic in front of the fog be out of the question?

I just dont think I'm up for that much work trying to get a piece of any of that to stay attached to my car. Unless you wanna do it for me then I say go ahead :)

Amber99ga
05-11-2004, 02:01 PM
anyone else??

fschambe
05-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Sorry I don't usually chase after rally racers on gravel tracks so I've never had a broken fog on the GA yet... But i've had the car for a little over a year now... The fog lamps don't really have a specific beam spread patter to worry about with a shield so I'd try them out if they suck that badly just sell 'em.

SC/TGrandAm
05-17-2004, 07:41 PM
the reason your getting broken fog lights is your following WAYY to close to trucks and semi-trucks on the highway.

Amber99ga
05-17-2004, 07:42 PM
sorry dont follow that closely. and it wasnt a matter of if they sucked or not just if they worked for anyone.

SC/TGrandAm
05-17-2004, 08:05 PM
well you must, rocks dont just fly out of the blue and hit your car.

I bet you have a bunch of rock chips on your front bumper too...

Amber99ga
05-17-2004, 09:03 PM
yeah I forgot your God and you know all!

let me rephrase my question I dont want opinions about my driving from people who know nothing about that, I just simply would like to know if any one has used the fog light protectors or not.

P.S. I dont have rock chip problems.

SC/TGrandAm
05-18-2004, 12:30 AM
no im not god, but this is the obvious. I have no need to argue with you, you already know everything.

end of story.

Amber99ga
05-18-2004, 04:22 AM
yes obviously the only way I could get broken fog lights is if I ride the a$$ of trucks and semi-trucks. :rolleyes:

SC/TGrandAm
05-18-2004, 04:38 AM
no dumbass listen here, you stated your on your FOURTH set of fog lights. Thats highly unusual, or in your case you swear its a mere coincidence and you drive like a pro. You even said it was caused by rocks, DUH. How the hell else are the rocks going to get as high as your fog lights and shatter them.

Its that damn sasquatch isnt it?

And anyhow after going thru 2 sets i would have at least thought about it a little and said how the hell is this happening and fixed it.

Amber99ga
05-18-2004, 04:53 AM
did I say I drive like a pro?? NO I didn't! and yes I know its caused by rocks,I dont think its a mere coincidence that my fog lights are shattered! But you instantly assume that I'm following to closely, sorry I figured that was the problem the first time and try to avoid following stuff close at all and still i have problems with them breaking. Obviously I am trying to fix the problem or I wouldnt have asked about the light protectors! Following people or not following people obviously hasn't yet helped so I figured something else might.

wade walter
05-18-2004, 05:12 AM
protectors (http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PFYC&Product_Code=GN1012&Product_Count=30&Category_Code=GAEXT)

After completely shattering my 4th set of fog lights that I have put on my GA, this set being the Angel Eyes, I'm thinking of trying these with the next set that I have to purchase...

Has any one else had problems with their aftermarket fog lights breaking? I've managed to break every set on my car, this time the glass is completely shattered in both fogs, sadly the bulbs still work! Only thing I can think of is the rocks hitting it (since I do a lot of turn pike driving, ok just a lot of driving in general.

So does anyone have experience with these before I go and spend more money on my POS???

why don't you wire up some maglites in there..

Amber99ga
05-18-2004, 05:13 AM
:) would be cheaper!

wade walter
05-18-2004, 05:15 AM
and custom lol