Rims [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rims

kevin231
05-09-2004, 09:18 PM
My Rims on the front of my 02 GT have turned yellow on some parts, almost like they are rusting. Is that normal what should i do?

rizer
05-10-2004, 08:52 AM
Ya, its normal in someways. Mine did that and thats why i got new rims. They got like a stained rust color on them, but its not rust. Saw your in Canada so its probally due to the crappy 4 seasons and salt.

action
05-10-2004, 11:04 AM
What it is is metal from the brake rotor sticking to your rims and rusting. The rotors wear, and that's where it ends up.

Clean it with a good cleaner, like Castrol Super Clean, then polish the rim with Mothers Wheel polish, or professional detailing compound. This will make your rims as good as new.

kevin231
05-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Wow, thats funny that you said use Castrol Super Clean. The bottle is sitting right infront of me on my desk and i never thought of that. Thanks ill give it a try

rizer
05-10-2004, 05:38 PM
What it is is metal from the brake rotor sticking to your rims and rusting. The rotors wear, and that's where it ends up.

Clean it with a good cleaner, like Castrol Super Clean, then polish the rim with Mothers Wheel polish, or professional detailing compound. This will make your rims as good as new.

That also, probally more than the salt. Ive always been told it was due to the salt and lack of cleaning them in the winter

Zurge
05-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Go buy some Meguiars Rim Cleaner and let it soak a little bit. Brush the rim with a brush, a rim brush if you got one, and then spray the rim with a strong stream of water. Then hand dry with a white terry cloth towel. Do this a few times and Im willing to bet it helps if not solves the problem.