Which Gauge?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Which Gauge??

dxtreme_85
05-10-2004, 09:29 PM
I currently have the Sport Comp Air/Fuel, Oil Pressure, and Voltmeter gauges. I think I am going to get rid of the Air/Fuel gauge, because I never, ever use it. I was wondering if I would be better off getting a trans temp, or oil temp? I want something that actually has some movement in it=not an 1/4" of travel and nothing else. I'm almost considering swapping the Electric Oil Pressure for a mechanical so I can get more accurate readings. I'm just guessing when I say that the Oil temp would be the best, but I really have no idea.

Any opinions???

AaronGAGT
05-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Mechanical oil pressure gauge can get messy... just a heads up.

kamikaz16
05-10-2004, 10:07 PM
I do alot of track racing, so I'd go with a trans temp, since it is the weakest point in the driveline and they get abused at the track.

kubiache
05-11-2004, 04:35 AM
Trans Temp

dxtreme_85
05-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I know that a mechanical oil gauge can get messy, my old man had that happen in his 65 barracuda. I just realized that Autometer has a line of full sweep electronic gauges, that is what I'm looking into. Does the trans temp have a good sweep to it? What I mean is, does the needle actually have some literal movement in it? Does it change a lot or a little? I want something that moves more than a 1/4", unlike the oil pressure gauge which has just a tiny bit of movement in it. Anybody know what I mean??