Driver side mirror shakes [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Driver side mirror shakes

Cino
05-11-2004, 06:43 AM
Hello,

I did a search but couldn't find anything to help me with my problem.

I just install some aftermarket mirrors (the double post kind) on my 03 grand am. Once I get up to 10mph+, the mirror starts to shake. The other side doesn't move at all... I did have a problem installing this mirror but I don't think that would cuz this shaking problem. Should I put rubber washers on the bolts? Maybe tighten the bolts a little more? Or maybe loosen them up? What do u guys think?

Thanks,

Cino

SC/TGrandAm
05-11-2004, 06:51 AM
Your english has a lot to be desired so i can't understand what your saying.

BUT if your mirror is shaking that obviously means it is loose. You need to make sure its fit on there correctly and then make sure the nuts are really tight.

Cino
05-11-2004, 07:06 AM
LOL yeah my english didn't look so good there.

They are on pretty tight. I can hardly move them with my hand. It seems like itís the mirror and not the enclosure. I'll take them off and see if I can get them to fix better at lunch.

SC/TGrandAm
05-11-2004, 07:14 AM
oh so its the actual mirror glass thats shaking?

Were the mirrors brand new or used? Quite possibly something is damaged inside of the mirror. Does the mirror still move fine when you move it with the switch inside?

Cino
05-11-2004, 07:25 AM
I think its just the glass moving. While i'm driving, i can't see the enclousre shake but I can feel it move a little when I have my hand on top/bottem of the mirror. They are brand new mirrors and they move fine with the power mirror switch. I'm going to see if I can get it to fix better at lunch time.

SC/TGrandAm
05-11-2004, 07:34 AM
hmm, just try to get them as tight as possible.

They will vibrate a little going down the road like the rest of your cars body parts but not a substantial vibration.

Cino
05-11-2004, 10:19 AM
I got them as tight can I get get them. I broke one of the bolts off :( Lucky I was able to use one of the bolts from the org mirror. Still shaking a little. I'm going to see if I can get this one replace by the place I got them thru.

2002AmSE
05-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Mine does that all the time, it seems to stop when I turn the music off though
:boogie: :violin

Cino
05-11-2004, 07:11 PM
LOL funny.. I revv up the motor and they shake.

I'm going to swap the screw/bolt from my factory mirrors to the new mirrors. Talk to the place where they came from today. They are going to send me a new one because there is some kind of over spray on the mirror anyways. But I didn't like the fact that the guy told me these mirrors don't meet OEM specs. They aren't made of a hard pastic like the factory mirrors i noticed. They are ones you see on e-bay.

Cino