00 gagt shifting problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 00 gagt shifting problem

DjReinz
05-11-2004, 02:20 PM
I recently took my 2000 gagt to my local dealer for a Shifting problem. ( When i really get on it off the start it shifts into 2nd gear and it stops pulling, it also hesitates to shift into 2nd.I also notice alot of wondering in the gears when going a constant speed. They changed the 2nd gear shifting solenoid and said that was the problem....... well it wasnt $700.00 later, (Thank god for the 100,000 mile warranty). I really hope someone can lead me in the right direction cuz my dealer obviously can't! The car only has 38,000 on it and gets stored every winter. Please help. Also do u think the trans Interceptor will help boost my line pressure in my tranny to correct this problem?

Steve Reinz,

rizer
05-11-2004, 10:48 PM
WEll, if it makes you feel anybetter, my car hesitates when shifting from first to second. Kinda feels like its a stick shift.
Ive read on here that its just a sloppy GM shifting thing. Theres a good ammount of others with the same sloppy shifting deal

DjReinz
05-12-2004, 07:15 PM
[B][I] I think im going to try the trans Interceptor and see if it helps this problem, hopefully it atleast helps. If anyone has this done to there gagt please let me know if it helped.

Reinz,

action
05-13-2004, 08:57 AM
I wouldn't put the interceptor on a damaged tranny. Transmission should be fine as it is now. You may make the problem worse.

Brken123
05-19-2004, 05:50 PM
I have yet the same problem, only my car feels like it drops into 2nd, kicks out for like 3 seconds so it can rev up, and then slams back into 2nd again. Yet this is the only gear it does it in...which I think is kinda odd. I talked to a friend of mine and he said something about the bands in the trans slipping, but rather then take it apart I'm just gonna take it to the dealer and let them fix or screw it up more....only time will tell. Now I'm just waiting for when they put it on a lift and smash all my neons underneath......that ought to be fun.....