Removing Scratches on Mirrors [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Removing Scratches on Mirrors

GTLUVA
05-12-2004, 12:33 PM
Someone decided to screw around with my car. My passenger side twin post mirror has 2 nice long scratches on the glass. Anybody know how to remove them or do I have to go to gm parts direct and order another passenger side twin post mirrors I wouldn't be stressing about it but its really noticable and its obstructing my view out of my mirrors

DjReinz
05-12-2004, 08:18 PM
i dont think theres much you can do about scratches in glass. Best bet is too just replace the glass shouldnt be to expensive.

Reinz,

Blight
05-17-2004, 10:23 AM
I thought they were shiny plastic???

Slim
05-17-2004, 10:28 AM
Normally you could just replaced the glass, but the passenger side mirror is slightly convex. Try a local wrecking yard. You might be able to pick up a used mirror for cheap and take the glass out of it.

If they scratched aren't too deep and just very fine, you could try some chrome polish.

2002AmSE
05-18-2004, 04:45 PM
I have non-dual post mirrors on my 02' GA and it has had small fine scratches that look like they came from a piece of steel wool or something. Is there a big difference between chrome polish and polishing compound(the stuff you use on car paint)? Or are there other ways of fixing it? I can live with it because its been that way for more than a year already and im not going to pay money and effort to find a new piece of glass to put in there.