Windshield WIPERS INOP???!!?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Windshield WIPERS INOP???!!??

BadGT471
05-13-2004, 12:27 AM
Heres the deal... I had the car remote started with the A/C on today. Anyways, get in it to head out to the girlfriend's house... Well, it starts raining out, and like usual, I'll let the RAIN X do most of the work since I don't like the windshield wiper blades running over my windshield banner constantly... Well, it started pouring, so I goto use my wipers and NOTHING! I hit the lever up, nothing, down nothing. Try to spray the windshield washer fluid, NOTHING... I turned and pushed EVERYTHING on that lever. Nothing happend. I pulled over, turned the car off, restarted and still NOTHING. So, i went back home and got my moms car and just put mine in the garage... I came home ton about 6 hours later tried it and they work like they always have. the washer fluid sprays stuff and everything. What the HECK happend? Should I be concerned? I made an appt with the dealership for tomorrow since I'm still under warranty - 02 GAGT with 28k... What do you all think might have caused this? Anyone else ever experience this??? I did NOT have them on before they stopped. didn't use them since the other day when they worked fine... i'm baffled, and i dont think Pontiac will do anything if they're working since they won't be able to "duplicate" the problem!

Jeff

action
05-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Bad electrical connection???

dcb2001gt
05-30-2004, 11:24 AM
When they are not working take the cover off the Fuse block on the driver side and push & wiggle the fuse for the wipers when the switch is on. If they start to work you have some bad wiring in the fuse block. This happened to me, the dealer first changed the switch but as usual the dealer is stupid. When it happened again I found the bad wiring in the fuse block.