Condensation inside the headlights [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Condensation inside the headlights

mariogt99
05-17-2004, 10:25 AM
For the past few weeks i`ve noticed some condensation inside the headlights (both of them) . First i thought , it might be caused by replacing the light bulb o r excessive rainfalls , but lately it`s been rather dry in here (Toronto , CA) , and i don`t know what to think... I do have to add coolant every month or two , and i can`t spot any visible leaks underneath , the oil isn`t milky , so that should eliminate an internal leak. is it possible that the radiator overheats , and since it`s right next to the headlight i t generates some moisture inside the lens? I`m running out of ideas here... After the "usual" wheel bearing , abs - trac off , tire noise , and brake problems , now this...
I checked the forum for similar threads ,and it seems like it`s something new lol .
Hit me back if any of You have any clue what`s causing that "dew" inside the lights...

Kdawg207
05-17-2004, 10:34 AM
sounds to me like a simple issue...take the headlights off and add some RV sealant to the seal. moisture just getting in somehow....only cost ya 3 bux to try it out

SC/TGrandAm
05-17-2004, 10:34 AM
its nothing new....

what your going to have to do is get the condensation out, take the light off the car and let it sit for a while. Then after that get you soem automotive silicone and put a bead all around the seal of the headlight and that should cure your problems if you put enough silicone on there.