Supercharger? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger?

GrandAm-BC
05-17-2004, 01:02 PM
Is there a supercharger for the 2000 3400? And if so does anyone have a link to a good priced one?

Crisco
05-17-2004, 01:41 PM
http://www.rsmracing.com/us/main.htm

$4700

Hexx
05-17-2004, 01:55 PM
http://www.rsmracing.com/us/main.htm

$4700

You forgot "good priced."

There is none. There was a person 'round here selling one for a grand or so. It was an option (used to be) for the GA. Check forsale. Probably sold by now.

I would also say, check out the turbo/supercharger section on the forums here. Read a LOT of the stuff before posting. A quick tip: a 3800 series supercharger will not work on our cars unless you heavily heavily mod it...well get stuff custom machined and what not.

You CAN build a custom turbo setup for under $1500. You can get a decent setup for 1K-1.5K. People will argue this, but there is a guy (sorry, I forget names around here) that just put together a setup for around a grand. Again, check the boosted forum here.

coupe
05-17-2004, 02:14 PM
When was it an option?
Ive never seen a SC in a GA unless it was custom done.

nomojo
05-17-2004, 04:18 PM
When was it an option?
Ive never seen a SC in a GA unless it was custom done.

They (some company, for which i cant remember) made about 10 custom-fit for the Grand Am SC/T roadster prototype which never went into production. This car is the car that we got our scoop hood & spoiler from. It was a NICE fit too, considering how crammed our engine bay is. Every once and a while you'll find one on ebay or something, but I wouldnt hold my breath if I were you.

Option B would be to find a regular supercharger like the one on RSM and adapt it to fit in the GA.. the RSM one sure doesnt look pretty with all that relocating junk going on.

cya

cavingman
05-17-2004, 04:20 PM
^eaton made that charger, and i believe there are 15 floating around

MetaGTP1
05-17-2004, 04:31 PM
^eaton made that charger, and i believe there are 15 floating aroundYou are correct. GM has the Gen 3 SC and the SC kits have the Gen 4 SC. GM had around 7 SC GA's built and about 14 SC kits were made. :)

coupe
05-17-2004, 06:22 PM
So it was only an option for 7 people.

nomojo
05-17-2004, 10:21 PM
So it was only an option for 7 people.

heh, yep, that along with a nice 4T60E tranny installed on the car, too, to handle the gains.

That convertible roadster prototype was awesome. I wish it made it to market. It had some nice power on it (finally, sheesh!) too, at like 280BHP or something.

theres pics of it over at n-body.net if you've never seen it before, its under 'concept cars' or something.

cyaz

MetaGTP1
05-18-2004, 05:56 AM
heh, yep, that along with a nice 4T60E tranny installed on the car, too, to handle the gains.

That convertible roadster prototype was awesome. I wish it made it to market. It had some nice power on it (finally, sheesh!) too, at like 280BHP or something.

theres pics of it over at n-body.net if you've never seen it before, its under 'concept cars' or something.

cyazActually, those vehicles had the 4T65E HD trannys installed. The most horsepower produced in testing was 327. The highest in a streetable car was 275 HP in the GA GXP. :)