trunk holds water in spare tire chamber... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : trunk holds water in spare tire chamber...

silverpenguin
05-17-2004, 08:43 PM
I got a flat tire the other day, at the most inconvenient place to (on monument circle, in downtown indy, if you're from around here...)

anyways

so i open the trunk, and get the spare out, and underneath the spare...theres like 2 inches of water just pooled up in my trunk.

the carpet wasn't wet, and there was no sign of leakage...

has anyone else had this happen, and if so, how can i fix it? or is this normal?

cavingman
05-17-2004, 08:59 PM
check the vent behind the carpet on the passenger side in the trunk. maybe before it rains throw a rag in the vent and see if it gets wet

matts
05-17-2004, 11:28 PM
yeah, im no rocket scientist....but i dont think you should have water in the spare tire well :p

wade walter
05-18-2004, 05:09 AM
holy crap thank you !! i noticed that about a year and a half ago and when i took it to Swanson in Glen Burnie ( my area ), the bitch said i poked a hole in that vent with something in my trunk. i was ****ed off too cause it totally rusted the jack and tools for it. long story short they didn't do a thing about it and said it was my fault and i got NO help from pontiac, the ****ers. haven't checked recently but if it's till happening i'm just gonna drill a drain hole for it.

action
05-18-2004, 05:27 AM
Do a search in this forum, there is a long post here with lots of info on this!!! I just found the same treat in my trunk last month.