Trunk button/keyless not workin [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Trunk button/keyless not workin

AaronGAGT
05-18-2004, 12:48 PM
At first I thought it was that Pass-lock garbage... but its not (i've tried all the reprogramming stuff about 326 times) . I noticed my trunk button inside the car wasnt working either so I suspected blown fuse. It was... so i replaced the trunk fuse, but it blows everytime i put a fuse in. So im suspecting a short somewhere.... But are the trunk button and keyless stuff laced in the same wiriing?????

And how the heck do I go about finding the short???? :thumbsdow

DumpsterDamon
05-18-2004, 12:53 PM
buy a new car?

Psi
05-18-2004, 12:59 PM
I'd start with unhooking whatever you installed recently.
If that's not it ... then you got some work cut out for you ... gotta follow the wires from the fuse to where ever they go, and fix the problem.

Crisco
05-18-2004, 03:06 PM
If that's not it ... then you got some work cut out for you ... gotta follow the wires from the fuse to where ever they go, and fix the problem.

have fun with that lol :thumbsdow

SC/TGrandAm
05-18-2004, 03:17 PM
well have you pulled up that panel that goes under the drivers side door lately? all the wires that goes to the trunk go along there, i guess you could have pinched a wire...

AaronGAGT
05-18-2004, 08:02 PM

meh... the only thing i've hooked up is my stereo stuff... but thats been on for a year and a half. Nothing goes to that fuse box. lol and following the wire sounds like a fun thing to do...

well have you pulled up that panel that goes under the drivers side door lately? all the wires that goes to the trunk go along there, i guess you could have pinched a wire...

I doubt thats the problem... but i'll give it a look. I'm hoping thats the only problem lol

Any of you guys know if the trunk button and the whole keyless stuff is runnin on the same stuff? thats why im confused.

Dan00GPGT
05-19-2004, 09:49 AM
Here's the trunk release operation:

The trunk button inside the car applies chassis ground to one of the BCM's inputs. If the ignition switch is in RUN or ACC then either the car must be in park or the parking brake must be engaged. If neither of these conditions are met then the button (and the transmitter) won't open the trunk. If the conditions are met then ground is applied to the trunk release relay through the BCM ouptut. Once the relay has ground it activates and pops the trunk.

The keyless receiver talks to the BCM on a serial data line to pop the trunk. The common path for both systems is the light blue wire on connector C1 that leaves the BCM and goes to the ground terminal for the coil on the trunk release relay. If that fuse keeps popping I would check the components coming off of that fuse. The radio, the amp, and the keyless entry. You could try unplugging each component to see if you can find the short.