question for those with clear tails and LEDs [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : question for those with clear tails and LEDs

tonmarchelli
05-18-2004, 11:18 PM
I just made clear tails for my car and i love the way they look, but i have a question. when you are driving at night, do your tails only light up when you have the brakes on? arent they supposed to light up dim and then when you hit the brakes they get lighter? i put my car in drive and had a friend look and there was no light on in the rear. Whats going on. i just dont understand. and i threw an SVS light. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

or is it that LEDs are either on full or not on at all. if this is so what do you do to fix it?

AaronGAGT
05-19-2004, 01:44 AM
U sure you have 3157 bulbs in your brake light? cuz I dont think you do.

SC/TGrandAm
05-19-2004, 01:53 AM
if you would follow instructions and use jamstrait bulbs you wouldnt have that problem.

tonmarchelli
05-19-2004, 09:45 AM
U sure you have 3157 bulbs in your brake light? cuz I dont think you do.

im sure they are 3157 bulbs, made sure they were when i bought them.

tonmarchelli
05-19-2004, 09:48 AM
if you would follow instructions and use jamstrait bulbs you wouldnt have that problem.

the nearest autozone to me is 300 miles away the only thing i could buy were APC bulbs. i havent modified any of them yet. could that be a reason

Rba007
05-19-2004, 10:00 AM
You can buy jamstraights online, check clearlights.com

tonmarchelli
05-19-2004, 10:35 AM
so at cleartaillights.com i can buy jamstraits. should i buy the 3157 CK ones for GM? i dont see 99+ grand am on their list but thats what i can do right. all i want to do is the parking/brake lights work properly. lemme know because im gonna return the bulbs that i already bought the APC ones. they are pretty crappy.

Rba007
05-19-2004, 10:39 AM
Yup, get the ck's. ITs what ive got, then youll have to modify them once you get your paws on them, but thats easy. The APC ones suck anyway.

SC/TGrandAm
05-19-2004, 11:01 AM
yep the CK.

Im suprised the APC ones didnt blow all of your fuses like they did to me in the past. APC ones simply wont work.

tonmarchelli
05-19-2004, 08:41 PM
Yup, get the ck's. ITs what ive got, then youll have to modify them once you get your paws on them, but thats easy. The APC ones suck anyway.

ok ill get the CK ones, i though you didnt have to modify the CK ones because they fit GM. what gives? and yes. APC sucks donkey balls and i did blow a few fuses when i put them on. and youre sure they sell the jamstraits on www.clearlights.com? i see that they sell a lot of APC stuff. but i dont think apc has the CK. any thoughts?

tonmarchelli
05-20-2004, 02:07 PM
ok i just orderd some CK led bulbs from clearlights. i asked the guy if the CK would work in the 03 grand am and he said that the normal ones would work fine but contrary to what i heard on this site the CK ones do work, if they dont work i guess i can sell them or send them back.