Window Problems are driving me crazy [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Window Problems are driving me crazy

GTLUVA
05-19-2004, 02:23 PM
My passenger side window kept on making an grinding noise when you roll it up. I took my car in to the dealer on Saturday they tore apart my car for an hour and a half told me its my window regualtor. Went back today to have it installed they then told me they found out my window is broke on the bottom somewhere. So know they are ordering me a new window which should be in next week sometime. I know its a dumb question but how did my window become brake on the bottom. I'm just ticked off because I have to pay another $40 to retint my window which gm is not covering because its aftermarket

juanvan
05-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Sounds like u might be the victim of junk workers... Drop the window when they were installing the window regulator.
Did u still need the window motor?
Was the clip broken?

GTLUVA
05-19-2004, 07:13 PM
I'm starting to wonder why my window is broke all of an sudden. I took it back home where I bought my car I try taking it to the gm dealer in my town and they blast the heck out my speakers all the time I give up. GM goodwrench service is starting to **** me off

juanvan
05-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Some of them do like to use the product when they get a hold of it...
Went to get inspection done and saw my car at the parts store F dat lol
but somewhere in the pa inspec. law it says they can take it for a test drive, no grease so not alot of bitching ~ mild though

GTLUVA
05-20-2004, 12:38 PM
I went back to the dealer today and told them my window has a nice 1 inch crack in it. If it rains outside now it will damage my leather seats. I store my car in my garage everynight. But the dealer put black tape on my window for now because it won't move up any further my 2003 looks like a beater now. I asked the dealer if they installed the new window regualtor yesterday and they told me they did. I just wish I had pics of them dropping my window. I just don't believe my window broke on the bottom somehow for petes sake its a 2003 with 10,500 miles on it. I ain't complaining I don't have to pay money for a new window it just ticks me off taking $40 out of my pocket to retint my window

Slim
05-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Even if the window did break, it would be part of the window regulator problem. The glass should be covered under the warranty as well. As far as the tint goes, IIRC the window should be put back to the same condition it was when the problem occured... tinted. There's a number posted on here somwhere for GM customer care. Call and tell them what happened. I know there's a few people here who have had windows fixed and re-tinted by the dealership.

GTLUVA
05-20-2004, 12:50 PM
Yeah I argued with two people yesterday about my tint. Its not covered its considered AFTERMARKET. What really makes me mad is I just paid $100 to retint my two front windows from 50% to 35% at the end of February because I got an doctors excuse. Wisconsin is so strict about the stupid tint laws. But now my retint job is going to be destroyed when I get my new dark factory window put in next week. I have to drive 200 miles to get my windows retinted because the stupid place that tints windows in my town wants to charge me $250 for tint and a 6 month warranty. Forget that thats why I will drive down to Madison and get my expensive Llumar film at least I know its a lifetime gurantee and I know they won't break my window for me lol

Slim
05-20-2004, 01:00 PM
^ That's crap.... It shouldn't matter if it's aftermarket or not. Sounds like you have some winners in your service department. :rolleyes:

GTLUVA
05-20-2004, 09:41 PM
I had them install my Aftermarket Silverstar Bulbs about two weeks ago and they told me they weren't covered under my factory warranty lol I don't want to drive a complete stock GA I will look like everbody else. The Gm dealer in my town that I use just because of the free paint they always give me always are interested in my mods. They ask me whats next? They even told me that I should get some 20s on my GA like that would look really pimp. I think 18s would be nice better than my 16s right now. :)

99StudlyGT
05-21-2004, 07:42 AM
I just replaced my gay window regulator. My damn window fell all the way into my door. Kinda forced me to find $560 laying around. That was header money. Planned oblselecnce? Should a window go out after normal use, no tollway driving and only 60,000 miles? I dunno, this car is just starting to add up. I'm at a few grand in the past month.

juanvan
05-22-2004, 09:57 AM
u should take a bottle of k-y to the dealer and atleast ask them to be Kind....