Front Window Trim [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Front Window Trim

Rooster
05-19-2004, 02:47 PM
I had my windshield replaced about a year an da half ago and now the top trip piece is coming out when I am driving. What can I use to hold it in place. Would a clear silicone adheasive work?

zeddsdead
05-19-2004, 04:00 PM
i have that same problem, i would push it back in but after a trip on the freeway the thing would whip out and stick out. well i just lived with it for a while till one day i noticed it was getting worse and worse...the thing would "unstick" from lower and lower and lower after a freeway trip. i got a piece of double sided spongie tape. that did the trick for quite a while. now though, i broke off the top upper corner portion and sticky taped the remaining lower piece to the glass...all good so far...not tooo noticeable.

you can see what mine looked like in my webshots gallery...pic labled SST12. top upper right corner of windshield.

swordfencer
05-20-2004, 02:18 PM
I had mine replaced under warranty. The upper driverside corner was peeling away, and the only way they could do it was to replace the entire molding. The dealer had to order a new molding for the windshield. This seems to be a common issue with these cars.