Idle Coolant Leak [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Idle Coolant Leak

GAGT7386
05-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Ok guys I know that there are tons of threads on coolant leaks and what not, but I did a search and couldn't find anything on this. While I am driving I don't have any problems while I am sitting at stop signs no problems only when I sit and leave it running for like 5 min. When I leave it sit it doesn't over heat but coolant spills all over thru the hose that comes out right near the cap. What would cause this to happen??

Trason

Sleepwalkr
05-19-2004, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure on this one, but maybe you have too much coolant in your motor. When you're moving, your motor sucks in the coolant at a greater level than when you're at a stand still, therefore, when you stop for any length of time, all that coolant has nowhere to go but out.
I may be way off on this one.... someone correct me for my own information as well.
Just a guess.

juanvan
05-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Too much pressure in the system. The overfill hose ~ that does not connect to anything (assuming)
Maybe you have too much in the resivor, or your rez might have a air pocket in it.
The chamber has 4 sections like the titanic though the bottoms are cut a little at the bottom

AaronGAGT
05-27-2004, 11:53 AM
Your cap isnt on tight enough or somethin. I had the same EXACT symptoms and it was bc my cap wasnt tight enough.