Window Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Window Problem

suprgubr
05-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Hey guys, I searched and I couldn't find any information on this. I have a 2-door 2003 Grand Am GT with 3500 miles on it. I've noticed that when I have the window all the way down and open and shut the door, then roll the window up, it makes a slight popping sound, as if the window was off track and then back on. It functions fine afterwards, but, is this a common thing with 2-doors? or should I take the car in to the dealership? I'm unsure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

GTLUVA
05-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Take it to the dealer right away. My 2003 was making the same noise on the passenger side window when it would go up and my window regualtor was going bad already at 10,000 miles. Also the bad window regualtor decided to break my window at the bottom so now I got a brand new window coming in next week hopefully soon. It sucks right now because I had my new regualtor put in on Wednesday and they cut my power off to my passenger side window so I won't cut myself. It still is going to cost me $40 because their not paying for my retint on my new window but I'm happy I only buy coupes two less windows I have to worry about breaking :)

suprgubr
05-21-2004, 08:29 PM
anyone else have a similar problem too?

GTLUVA
05-21-2004, 08:35 PM
I want to see how many 2003 owners already replaced their window regualtors already but it seems like we are the only two right now having window problems lol

suprgubr
05-21-2004, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I had a 2000 that had window regulator problems at 22,000 miles. The sound isn't quite the same, I do remember the distinct clicking from the window regulator and this isn't it. It's as if the window goes off track and then pops back on track. I'll probably end up taking it to the dealer anyways, even though I don't want to be bothered with it.

GTLUVA
05-21-2004, 08:53 PM
I use to drive a 2000 GT before I traded it in on a new 2003. Did you own a 1995 too I did lol The only problem I had with my 2000 was my stupid blower resistor every 17,000 miles I would be replacing it but I did buy my 2000 GT used at 39,912 miles and when I traded it in I had 60,219 miles on it. So no warranty but that was only $100 bucks to replace everytime not bad.I only kept that car for 21 months. I wanted XM radio and leather so bad :) But the main reason I traded it in my was it had burn holes all over the seats from the previous owners and my back cupholder was holding together by epoxy and my backseat was broke every since I bought the used junker. I just fell in love with it because it was a loaded GT1 coupe silvermist with everything except leather and chrometech wheels I test drove a 2000 Se Sedan but I liked the sportier version so I went with it. Sorry to get off topic :)

gobraves02002
05-21-2004, 09:32 PM
might be the bottom of the track not secured completely
sounds like a warranty issue though

kristin04gt
05-21-2004, 09:56 PM
I have a 2004 and one of the clips in my driver side window is broken. The window falls forward when I open it, and then squishes the rubber behind it when I close it if I don't guide it by hand. There was a bulliten put out by GM about this problem (which means no one had the part when I took it in, so mine won't be fixed until next week). Oh, and this started happening at about 7400 miles...

Turismo
05-25-2004, 07:28 AM
well if the other clip breaks, your window will fall into your door. Happened to me and the plastic clips need to replace them aren't exactly cheap.

VaGT
05-25-2004, 10:08 AM
Common problem. Search for regulator or something.

I have a 4 door and have had both of my fronts replaced. Passenger side just died altogether, and the drivers side was replaced before it got that far (it was creaking and knocking on the way up).

suprgubr
05-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Thanks guys, I took it into the dealer last saturday and they fixed it within' 2 hours. The clips had broken. Problem solved.

GTLUVA
05-29-2004, 04:45 PM
Yep, I went in on Wednesday with my car and they told me I was getting a new window. So I was guessing they were replacing the whole window because it was broke but I got my car back after waiting for an hour and I was like my window tint is still their. I'm not sure what they replaced but I know they replaced the window regualtor on the passenger side a week ago and they had to order another part but mabye it was the window clips. But I couldn't roll down my window for a day and half. But I tried my passenger side window yesterday and it made a scartching noise but after that it sounds great now nice and smooth it sounds just like my drivers side no grinding noise or weird noises. I'm just happy I didn't have to spend another $40 to retint my window. :) Then the mechanic set off my car alarm again and it was going nuts. They jumped out of my car so quick it was so funny :) Everytime they play around with my windows my alarm goes nuts lol it goes off till you manually shut it off.