Removing front seats? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Removing front seats?

Vintalage
05-23-2004, 08:45 AM
I am having a difficult time removing the front seats. I use a hex tool to unbolt it and it won't budge. I even use a drill to help me and the drill can't even make the nut budge. The drill motor can't move cause the bolt is so tight. What am I doing wrong? Am I at the wrong bolt? I'm trying to removing the bolts that are accessible from the back.

jordanGT
05-23-2004, 08:58 AM
Nope; they're the right bolts; just keep going at it. Maybe use a small piece of pipe for some leverage on it. It'll budge eventually. Mine were really tight, too when i first tried to get them out.

Special Ross
05-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Nope; they're the right bolts; just keep going at it. Maybe use a small piece of pipe for some leverage on it. It'll budge eventually. Mine were really tight, too when i first tried to get them out.

What he said... :werd

Black Z28
05-23-2004, 06:17 PM
use a large breaker bar and add a pipe if needed. no way a drill has enough torque to break loose those bolts. a heavy duty impact wrench might do it though.

jordanGT
05-24-2004, 03:41 PM
just be ready to hit your knuckles on something when you finally break it loose, though. :)

Vintalage
05-24-2004, 06:07 PM
Yeah, that's the part i'm worried about. Guess I better prepare myself for some wounds. :(

action
05-25-2004, 06:22 AM
Yep breaker bar or impact gun (like teh garages use for taking off wheels). There are only 2 bolts per seat (in teh back) adn the front sort of hooks in. You'll see when you take out the bolts. Nothing to it!!!

shadesofnight
07-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Anybody got any pics of these bolts? I'm having trouble spotting them... don't rip on me if it's a question that requires a handicap to be valid.

iceman
07-17-2004, 05:09 PM
http://www.ice8420.com/pics/displayimage.php?album=topn&cat=0&pos=28

see how the passenger seat rails are exposed when the seat is all teh way forwards... on the right side of the rear floor mat as pictured, each rail has a bolt. they are the only bolts in the neighborhood