stock cd player [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : stock cd player

Ric
05-24-2004, 07:38 PM
my stock cd player in my 2000 grand am has currently not been ejecting cds correctly. When i hit the eject button the cd starts to come out but gets stuck, then the cd goes back in. when i hit eject again it does the same thing. Eventually after fighting with it it comes back out, yet the end of the cd is all torn up. Anyone have a clue on what i can do to fix this problem? I have already talked to shops and they said $175 to get it looked at, and they dont know if they can even fix it, or $800 to replace it with a brand new stock radio.

i love my steering wheel controls and dont want to loose them. So is their anyway to keep them at all yet get an aftermarket headunit? I only want to do this if their is no other way to fix it.

Dan00GPGT
05-25-2004, 04:25 AM
You can get a replacement from here or ebay for less than $50. You can also go with an aftermarket unit and then interface a steering wheel control unit from PFYC to make the steering wheel controls work.

action
05-25-2004, 06:20 AM
^^Exactly what he said, aftermarkt decks are way better anyway. The PFYC interface for the steering wheel controls are supposed to be great.