Faulty circuit breaker? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Faulty circuit breaker?

Turismo
05-25-2004, 07:20 AM
I have lost power to both my windows. I do not think (although not tested) my motors/regulators are broken as this happened to both windows at the same time. Any idea if it could be an electrical problem like a faulty circuit breaker?

asepgrad98
05-25-2004, 07:44 AM
check the fuses

Turismo
05-25-2004, 02:26 PM
where are the fuses for the power windows?....all I can see in the car manual is a circuit breaker.

Dan00GPGT
05-25-2004, 02:39 PM
There are no fuses. The windows run through a 25 amp circuit breaker in the right hand fuse block. It provides battery voltage to the switches when the key is in the ON/ACC position. They share a common ground wire at the drivers side window switch assembly.

Turismo
05-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Is it possible that this common ground wire came loose and the reason why both windows failed at the same time?
It seems like endless window problems as before this incident my plastic glider clips and sashes broke resulting in a window that fell into the door.

Dan00GPGT
05-25-2004, 07:47 PM
It's possible but I would bet that the entire harness to the switch came loose first. You probably need to start checking voltages inside the driver door.

Turismo
05-26-2004, 05:58 AM
Thanks for the advice. I have been looking for another reason to why my windows quit other than motor/regulator problems and this may be the problem. I will be taking the door apart and looking into this as soon as my glider clips and sashes arrive.