Eibach Prokit [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Prokit

02PONtiac!
10-23-2002, 09:12 PM
Hey what's up everybody. I just got my Eibach prokit in tonight. Is there anything special I need to know about before installing them? Has anybody had problems with them?:boogie:

SilverGA2001
10-24-2002, 10:03 AM
Warning: Springs are for external use only. Please do not try to ingest them.

:thumbs:

Sorry, feeling like Mr. Smartypants today.

:D

Blackrider
10-24-2002, 08:35 PM
Lowering springs are farly easy to install just remeber to cut the bump stops.:)

daddy_ja
10-25-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Blackrider
Lowering springs are farly easy to install just remeber to cut the bump stops.:)

huh???????

Blackrider
10-25-2002, 11:56 AM
You dont have to cut them but you will hear less clunking when you hit a big bump if you do

02eco
10-25-2002, 12:23 PM
I got the Eibach Pro-Kit and haven't had any problems to date, occasional clunk but I guess they didn't cut the bump stops as Blackrider mentioned. The car sits beautifully with 17's on it, you'll love the ride and handling, I did.

Irate
10-25-2002, 08:50 PM
I've had the Eibach pro kit installed for quite some time now... I have had 0 (zero) problems with them... no clunking... no rubbing... a great ride... good drop... 100% worth it. I am 100% satisfied. :D

daddy_ja
10-25-2002, 09:23 PM
yeah me and a buddy of mine did it, it's not to hard. as long as you have spring compessors. an impact wrench speeds things up as well

02PONtiac!
10-25-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by IrateGT
I've had the Eibach pro kit installed for quite some time now... I have had 0 (zero) problems with them... no clunking... no rubbing... a great ride... good drop... 100% worth it. I am 100% satisfied. :D Great that will help me sleep well at night!! thanks for the input.

PontiacGTboy
11-14-2002, 11:31 AM
How are you people who installed the springs on your own getting the struts apart? at the top, you have to hold on to one bolt with a wrench and turn a nut on the bolt with another wrench. how did you get the wrenchs down in that huge indention? I cant figure it out.

peeps
11-14-2002, 11:45 AM
Use large goose neck pliers to hold tight onto the round goldish/bronze part at the top of the strut. Then get a buddy to break the nut loose.....

PontiacGTboy
11-15-2002, 10:14 AM
we tried that. we cant get a wrench with a small enough head to reach into the indention the nut is in. holding the brss part is no big deal. we couldnt get the nut lose fro it cause we cant grab it with anything. maybe we need a smaller wrench? it wont grab the nut then.... god this is getting annoying...where you live...come do it for me. hehe. i tired of opening my trunk and seeing my nice new springs still sitting in there box.

02PONtiac!
11-15-2002, 11:57 AM
I'm going to install my Eibachs very soon. GTBOY, if you could email me some pics and give me some pointers on how to use the springs compressor and stuff like that I would really appreciate it. I have access to a full professional shop here on base at Elmendorf AFB Alaska. You pay 3 bucks an hour for a stall with all the tools. It's pretty nice. Okay anyways good luck with that nut.

peeps
11-15-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by PontiacGTboy
we tried that. we cant get a wrench with a small enough head to reach into the indention the nut is in. holding the brss part is no big deal. we couldnt get the nut lose fro it cause we cant grab it with anything. maybe we need a smaller wrench? it wont grab the nut then.... god this is getting annoying...where you live...come do it for me. hehe. i tired of opening my trunk and seeing my nice new springs still sitting in there box. try using a socket, not a wrench.....

PontiacGTboy
11-16-2002, 05:30 PM
we thought about that too. if you use a socket you cant hold the top brass colored part. the socket covers it up.

peeps
11-18-2002, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by PontiacGTboy
we thought about that too. if you use a socket you cant hold the top brass colored part. the socket covers it up. Hold the brass coloerd piece that is on the other side of the strut mount......It is about 2-3" in diameter.....

01GrandAman
11-18-2002, 06:42 PM
all ya'll w/ just the eibach lowering springs....... how much more of a rough ride is it??? a couple of my friends have put lowering springs on their cavy's and hated it after they did it, one of them even went and got all new struts and shocks to try and smooth ride out and it didnt work at all. so is ride quality altered much w/ eibach springs????

grandGTR
11-20-2002, 12:22 PM
Clunking?

What is this clunking all about? I have never heard anyone talk about it before.

We installed an Eibach Kit on a Probe and it woudl pop on bumps and when turning hard, so is that the clunk you guys are talking about? If so that is discouraging, I would hate to have the car do that all the time.

Anyway is that normal? Can it be completely elimated if it is noraml?