Rattle noise in front wheel [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rattle noise in front wheel

firecat
05-26-2004, 05:51 PM
I got my pads and rotors done about 500k ago now i got a rattle noise on the passenger side,when i put on the brakes the noise goes away..i checked the caliber and the bolts are tight on that..wonder are their supposed to be any spacers next to the rotor to stop them from ratteling..never had this problem before i got the brakes done and y is only rattling on one wheel..any info would be apperated..thanks.

Special Ross
05-26-2004, 06:53 PM
I got my pads and rotors done about 500k ago now i got a rattle noise on the passenger side,when i put on the brakes the noise goes away..

500k is a long time to go for pads and rotors! LOL lol

firecat
05-27-2004, 02:29 AM
What do you mean 500km is a long time to go!! apparently you don't understand the metric system..it's only around 300 miles.

action
05-27-2004, 05:08 AM
You can buy stuff to stop that, good brake pad sets come with it. Basically all it is, is very high temp silicone. You apply it to the BACK of the pad where it contacts the piston in the caliper. THis way its always attached to it and wont rattle when the brakes are not applied. The stuff is called brake pad anti rattle or soemthing. (WHATEVER you do, don't apply it to the side of teh pad that contacts the rotor - sounds simple I know, but i've seen it done and it wasn't pretty!!!!)

juanvan
05-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Maybe when they put the calipers on they did not tighten the caliper bolts right. should be 12mm on the outside 16mm on the spining bolt on the inside.
there is just a gap there, its the same on mine but no shake.

Might want to see if there is anything you can move with a screw driver in there, might be loose.

good luck

firecat
05-28-2004, 06:42 PM
I tried the caliper bolts they are thight..going to try the silicone like action said..thanks for the help.