Brake Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Brake Question

SoloRacer
05-26-2004, 10:46 PM
ok heres the deal, i just turned on my car and the ABS and Brake warning light were on, the parking brake was all the way down, i check the ABS plugs on all the brakes-all were good, i checked the fluid-good. i checked all the hoses and wires that i could see, that had anything to do with the brake system, and all those looked fine. whats the deal? anyone ever had this happen? could it be as simple as it's time to change the brake fluid? arrrghh im so mad, i just got my car out of the shop, i don't want to put it back in.

videoman
05-26-2004, 11:12 PM
I had a similar problem, to where it turned out to be a bad module. I had the module replaced under warranty. Didn't take long , but they had to get behind the glove compartment and made a bit of a mess inside the car. :rolleyes:

SoloRacer
05-26-2004, 11:23 PM
arrrrggghhhh great! :nono: this is what happens when you're eager and happy 3 days before a race, lol. i guess we'll see, thanx for your help, videoman.

firecat
05-27-2004, 02:36 AM
Wheel bearings could be getting bad,the ABS sensors are located on the wheel bearings.

action
05-27-2004, 05:03 AM
Have a technician pull the ABS codes, that'll tell ya what you need to replace. If its a wheel sensor, you usually get the trac off light on as well (that system uses the ABS sensors do detect wheel slippage)

SoloRacer
06-01-2004, 09:20 PM
ok well heres a new spin on it....... WHILE im driving, if i put the tranny in nuetral, and shut the engine off and restart it, the light turns off! :wtf im sooooo confused,no all the bearings appear to be fine and the trac light isn't on

SoloRacer
06-13-2004, 09:10 PM
anybody

trugt
06-15-2004, 09:38 AM
theres a sensor under the brake pedal that comes loose my friend works at one of the pontiac dealers here and he fixed mine it was doing the same thing he said he fixes those all the time no parts needed.

SoloRacer
06-15-2004, 08:58 PM
you think that wire could cause those warning lights to come on?