Spring from under seat???? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Spring from under seat????

RyanB
05-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Hey yesturday I was reaching under my drivers side seat and found this spring on the ground I went to the dealership and said if they knew what it was and they had no idea jack a s s es anyways if someone could help me would you let me know where it goes as well. I dont know where to link it up to??

GreatGraySkwid
05-27-2004, 01:58 PM
OK, know what? I found one exactly like that under my passenger seat, and forgot to ask on here what it meant...

So, anybody...whazzat for?

GAGT7386
05-27-2004, 01:59 PM
Hey that looks like the spring tensioner for when you slide the seat back. I just took mine out to clean everything and noticed it on there. I would think that there are two holes to just hook it back into under your seat. I could be wrong here but I am pretty sure that is what it is.

Trason

RyanB
05-27-2004, 02:03 PM
If somone has time could you see where the holes are at so i can put this back on??

SC/TGrandAm
05-27-2004, 02:37 PM
that same damn spring came off of mine too.

digitalballz
05-27-2004, 03:09 PM
I've had mine in my little cubbyhole under the hvac knobs for like 9 months. Nevround to even looking where it goes. Seat still works fine, so it cant be that important. I wonder how many other people have had this happen.

nomojo
05-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Yeap, I believe its the spring that causes the seat to slide forward automagically when you pull the slide lever. EG, when out of car, pull seat handle (the one that makes the seat go front-back-front), seat should spring forward.

The magic spring action is quite handy when you have a 2-door and you're constantly letting people in the back seat.

2002AmSE
05-28-2004, 04:42 AM
Wow, I had my GA have that spring laying under the passenger side. I thought that it was from somewhere else and that the previous owner just threw it down there or something. I didn't know anybody else had one of those come off. The thing slides itself forward and back just fine the way it is. Hmm, interesting how many other people had this, gotta love GM ;psycho , good thing their strut springs don't fall off like these seat springs...

PACE
05-28-2004, 04:55 AM
lol This is so funny!!!!

Guess what?

I found that spring on the floor under my driver's seat too! Everything seemed to still work OK so it's in my center console right now too! Looks like the question now is- are there any Grand Am owners who have NOT found this spring on the floor? lol

action
05-28-2004, 06:39 AM
Mines still attached where its supposed to be...amazingly enough seing how I've had every other known GA problem happen to me so far!!!

Roush GT
05-28-2004, 07:59 AM
i found that spring under my seat too heh..

digitalballz
05-29-2004, 07:39 AM
This is mad funny. here I was thinking I was the only one. WOW was I wrong.

kse73
05-29-2004, 01:02 PM
THATS where that thing came from. The funny thing is... Mine had the blue outer shell, and coincidentally matches perfectly to my painted interior parts. I have it hanging from my rearview now lol

Jagey
05-29-2004, 01:16 PM
that's it, i'm going to have to look for this too next time i get in my car

PontiacGT2K
05-29-2004, 01:36 PM
Odd....had the car for 4 years, put 85k miles on it, and that spring always stayed in. I kinda wish it had fallen off now so I be a cool kid too. :(

Frozen
05-29-2004, 07:14 PM
Wahoo first post. Found those springs awhile back and thought my seat was falling apart even more hehe. Didnt put back on because im looking for a newer or older seat that will work for it that is actually comfy to sit in like the 93' seemed to be. Anyone else know if like the 2000's work. :) dang gm cant even keep the springs on their lol.

digitalballz
05-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Mine also has the blue outer cover. Mayber tomorrow i'll get around to putting it in.

charbygt
04-17-2005, 09:08 AM
I found one under drivers seat after looking for a ice scrapper. Both seats have one spring each. I figure they get paid for how many springs they go through in a day!! Seats do everything for now.