Really neat idea for angel eyes... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Really neat idea for angel eyes...

LukeD
05-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Forgive be if this has been thought of already but...

What if, instead of having to drill in a second switch next to the stock fog switch, it was set up differently...

What if the fog switch turns the non-circle part on and off as it usually does, but then to activate the rings, you press the "cruise on/off" button"?

That is a usless button that I usually leave on cause if I want to actually cruise I'll press the button next to it to start the cruise. Now what if you ran that ring wire through the steering controls so that when you turn that main cruise switch off, it activates the rings and when its on (in case you want to cruise) the rings are off. It already has visual indication wired into it already too. What do you guys think? Is that possible?

Rba007
05-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Or, you could do it a lot easier and wire it into a fuse for the parking lights, that way they turn on with the parking lights. Easy. Simple. Fast.

nomojo
05-27-2004, 04:28 PM
because its not a toggle button, I dont think you could 'short it out' in one position or another, so you'd lose the ability to turn the cruise on or off. You could leave it in the 'on' position before your mod, but if your battery goes or anything, you're pooched, as it will be off again.

not to mention, running wires in the steering column past the air bag seems like a dangerously bad idea to me ;)

if u do try it anyways and get it to work post the results

nomojo
05-27-2004, 04:29 PM
also, why not just leave the 'angel' part of the eyes on all the time? I cant think of any time (personally) when I wouldnt want them on. That way the fog switch could be used for the actual fog part and the angel part is always on.

EDIT: it shouldnt burn out either, if I remember correctly the angel part of the angel eyes are LED's..

just an idea

LukeD
05-27-2004, 04:45 PM
hmm would it be possible to route it to a fuse first and then route it wherever you want? Cause then it wouldn't be hot all the time right?

nomojo
05-27-2004, 08:05 PM
hmm would it be possible to route it to a fuse first and then route it wherever you want? Cause then it wouldn't be hot all the time right?

Thats what Iwas thinking, run it from an ignition source somewhere. If the angel eyes are only LED's they cant possibly draw that much current.

That said, I've never done it, so use a super super low amp fuse (like a 2 amp or a 5 amp) if you try it, and make sure they're LED's first ;)

iceman
05-27-2004, 08:07 PM
Or, you could do it a lot easier and wire it into a fuse for the parking lights, that way they turn on with the parking lights. Easy. Simple. Fast.

:werd K.I.S.S.

nomojo
05-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Oops. Wish I had noticed that before I went on about finding an ignition source.