Quieting the hazard/turn signal click [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Quieting the hazard/turn signal click

GALover
05-27-2004, 04:27 PM
The click from the turn/hazard signal seems excessively loud. Any ideas on ways to quiet it or dismantle it without losing my turn signals and hazards?

nomojo
05-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Its a mechanical relay, so you'd have to replace it with some sort of electronic (non-mechanical) relay IMO..

I.E., nope, not really that I know of, unless you can do your own electronics ;)

EDIT: also, its mechanical for safety reasons; relays are more reliable strangely enough and when they fail they fail in such a way that they're 'closed' (eg your turn signal would still work but not blink)

GALover
05-27-2004, 04:42 PM
No electronic wizard here. I was thinking of Dynomat or maybe just tape the snot out of it.

AlphaSig312
05-27-2004, 09:36 PM
turn up your radio... that is the best way to cure all annoying sounds. turn signals, girlfriends, almost anthing u want.

rizer
05-27-2004, 10:26 PM
If you quiet the blinker, you'll be one of those annoying people driving down the road giving a 20 mile notice of you turning left soon

domi_no
05-28-2004, 05:10 AM
Don't know much about the 04. On my 99 the turn signal is tied into the Hazard module. Dynomat around the unit and back side of the Dash plastic that holds the module is not a bad idea. Haven't heard much on tape snot, so I can't help there :)

GALover
05-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Not tape snot. Just cover it in like 50 coats of duck tape. I have only givin the 3 mile notice of lane change once. :) I tryed to open the green box last night to dismantle the clicker sound completely. I would have to recommend against trying to open it. While I wasn't successful, it looks like they don't want us getting into that box. The tabs were very hard to get to. And once I broke 2 of them *focktard* I still couldn't get it to budge.

domi_no
05-30-2004, 10:41 AM
And once I broke 2 of them *focktard* I still couldn't get it to budge.

I have an extra hazard module if you want it. I thought it went bad when it started making clicking noise on its own. Turned out to the the combo switch for the turn signals. lol. I never got around to see if the Pontiac House would take it back, so it's now collecting dust. :boogie: If your interested, drop me an address at rets@charter.net.