Rotors [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rotors

GAGT7386
05-28-2004, 12:24 PM
Hey guys I have 52,000 mi. on my GAGT. I am getting ready to replace the pads on all four discs. I noticed that my rotors are not worn down that much so was thinking about getting them "remachined". Is that worth it to get that done or just replace them too. (Trying to save some $$$ w/gas so high! :nono: ) Also does anyone know exactly what they do to remachine them??

Trason

PACE
05-28-2004, 12:31 PM
Most auto parts stores will do it for a lot cheaper than buying new rotors

juanvan
05-28-2004, 06:58 PM
if they are not grooved I would not waiste the time
Just make sure the pads are in the grooves made by the other pads
Since most pads don't grab the whole plate on the rotor

asepgrad98
05-28-2004, 07:10 PM
if there is no pulsation when braking dont machine them

digitalballz
05-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Yeah when you get them cut they tend to wear down alot faster. I cant believe you have that many miles and your rotors are still good. I had mine cut at 18,000 miles, and now I need new ones BAD. Back on topic dont waste your money if you dont feel any pulsation.

Sleepwalkr
05-29-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm getting ready to do the same thing with my car. I've been feeling the "pulsing" for about the last 5,000 miles or so. I could do the pads myself, but the shop I work at doesn't have the machine for doing the "machining", so theres a couple of brakes places around here that advertise replacing pads, machine the rotors and drums, and guarentee it all for 50,000 miles for $100. I think I'll go that route.

Matt's99GT
05-31-2004, 04:47 AM
Some food for thought............ There is a guy on Ebay that sells cross drilled rotors for $90 for all 4. The name is FB Performance. Drop into the brakes and suspension forum and you can read up some more on them. I have a set waiting to go on as several other members have them and have reported no issues with them at all. That is bang for the buck in my book. Now, the guy sucks at responding to any email but you will receive them within 2 to 3 weeks as they come from Canada.

Matt