Decisions... Decisions... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Decisions... Decisions...

flyboy9994
05-31-2004, 08:16 AM
Wow.. Where do I start??

I just paid off my 2000 GA SE and decided I may just decide to keep it and fix it up. I had a few bugs to work on first and decided to search out a good forum. Well here I am at probably one of the most well done forums I have ever visited. Anyway, long story short. Seems as if I share ALL of the common problems associated with these cars: I definitely have the LIM leak, broken drivers window clips/sashes etc. (broom stick inside door panel holds it up permanently).. fan blower not working in the 1 or 2 position, sometimes hard to start on hot days, water leak on passenger side front floor. Sigh.. I guess I need to get out the tools and start ordering the parts huh?

Anyway, my car is approaching 70,000 miles and still runs and looks great otherwise. I was tempted to trade it in but not having a car payment is winning out at this time so I believe I'll just keep it and start fixing her up. I live in the Phoenix area and have seen exactly ZERO fixed up or modified GA's.

O.K. that's my story now here's my first question. I have searched the posts and hve yet to see anything related to the headlights being severly oxidized. Mine are completely fogged over with oxidation and have not tried anything on them yet. Maybe a good plastic polish?? It feels pretty rough to the touch and maybe beyond simple polishing. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Randy in Arizona

P.S. Thanks to all the great posts, I have all the part numbers I need and I'm especially grateful to the LIM post above. Jeeezzzzz... time to get dirty..

MetaGTP1
05-31-2004, 09:27 AM
Wow.. Where do I start??

I just paid off my 2000 GA SE and decided I may just decide to keep it and fix it up. I had a few bugs to work on first and decided to search out a good forum. Well here I am at probably one of the most well done forums I have ever visited. Anyway, long story short. Seems as if I share ALL of the common problems associated with these cars: I definitely have the LIM leak, broken drivers window clips/sashes etc. (broom stick inside door panel holds it up permanently).. fan blower not working in the 1 or 2 position, sometimes hard to start on hot days, water leak on passenger side front floor. Sigh.. I guess I need to get out the tools and start ordering the parts huh?

Anyway, my car is approaching 70,000 miles and still runs and looks great otherwise. I was tempted to trade it in but not having a car payment is winning out at this time so I believe I'll just keep it and start fixing her up. I live in the Phoenix area and have seen exactly ZERO fixed up or modified GA's.

O.K. that's my story now here's my first question. I have searched the posts and hve yet to see anything related to the headlights being severly oxidized. Mine are completely fogged over with oxidation and have not tried anything on them yet. Maybe a good plastic polish?? It feels pretty rough to the touch and maybe beyond simple polishing. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Randy in Arizona

P.S. Thanks to all the great posts, I have all the part numbers I need and I'm especially grateful to the LIM post above. Jeeezzzzz... time to get dirty..PM Iceman. He is the resident TSB guy. There is also a thread deicated to TSB's. Try the 'Search' button for info. :)